Chapter 7

Sensing the fear of a newcomer, both men looked up. There stood a beautiful girl fidgeting with her hands in front of her and looked as if ready to run away at any moment.

Xiao Lin stood there, frozen on the spot, not knowing what to do, heart thundering in his chest. He felt like a rabbit who was left in wolves den.

He glanced at the two men sitting at a low table. Although both were enviously handsome but the one that caught his attention was the man sitting on the left. He was wearing a mask so that only his eyes and lips could be seen. Looking at his person, it was oozing imposing aura.

As he was about to lower his eyes to the floor in order not to appear disrespectful for staring too long, his eyes snapped up again to meet that piercing gaze of a masked man.

For a second there he thought he had seen red eyes. But when he looked up again, they were black. Thinking he must have imagined it, he lowered his gaze to the floor again.

"Good evening, My Lords." Xiao Lin kowtowed, awkwardly greeting.

"I told them to send a fresh face to serve us wine and they sent me a frightened chick. But...she looks delicious." Fu Liwei, the man sitting opposite to the masked man, said in a low voice, so only the person in front of him could hear. Turning around to look at the masked man in front, Fu Liwei continued in low, mischievous voice, "What do you think, brother Song? She does, doesn't she?"

Brother Song glanced at his cousin, disinterested.

Looking back, Liwei returned the greeting. "Good evening." Placing his right elbow on the table, he cupped his chin in his hand, eyes mischievous while lips carrying a light smile, he continued, "what do we have here! A
fresh meat." He licked his lips suggestively.

Xiao Lin scrunched up his face in disgust before realizing his mistake and going back to blank expression, remembering the boy's words to not offend the lords.

"Brother Song, did you see that," Liwei chuckled in amusement. It was the first time that a girl openly showed disgusted expression to his provocation. Interesting.

"What are you doing standing there? Come, serve us."

What! Do they want to have a threesome with a young girl!? How disgusting.

Xiao Lin was afraid to offend the lords, who looked like nobles, by bluntly rejecting them. But, maybe they would understand if he explained them the misunderstanding.

Deciding, he build up enough courage and replied. "Sorry, my Lords, but I can't...can't  s-sleep with you... or anyone. There's a misunderstanding. I'm only a dancer and not a prostitute." He kept looking at the floor, afraid to see the two men's reaction.

Fu Liwei went speechless. Brother Song also felt speechless even though he was being quiet to begin with.

Both men didn't know if they should laugh at the maiden's misunderstanding or feel offended for being bluntly rejected by her.

Fu Liwei couldn't contain his laughter anymore and bursted out laughing. Even brother Song looked amused.

Xiao Lin looked up, confused by their reaction.

Looking at the confused 'frightened chick', Fu Liwei explained.

"Oh, young Lady. What I meant was, serve us wine." He indicated the wine cups and pitcher of wine placed on the table with his chin.

Looking at the table, understanding washed over him. Xiao Lin's face became red with embarrassment.

He bowed his head immediately, apologizing, before going over to the table, sitting down and pouring wine in the cups in front of two lords.

"What's your name?" Fu Liwei asked while sipping his wine.

"Xiao Lin." In his nervousness, he blurted out his real name.

"Xiao Lin, you said you're a dancer, right?"

"Yes."

"Then, show us." Saying that, Fu Liwei ordered the attendant outside the door to fetch musicians.

Xiao Lin nodded and waited for them to arrive.

After they came, Xiao Lin asked for the permission to go and start. After receiving a nod from Fu Liwei, he stood up, bowed a little in respect then went over to the musicians telling them what song to play. He had been practicing these past few weeks and knew about the popular songs and music in this era.

Once in a center of a room, taking his stance, his demeanor and facial expression changed.

A beautiful melody filled the room. Xiao Lin moved like a fluttering fairy. The milky white skin enveloped in a white robe and waterfall of darker than black hair flowing from one place to another with the melody.

Droopy eyes, flushed cheeks with exercise and the reddish pink lips only made him look innocently seductive and charming. It all looked so ethereal. Graceful yet sensual.

Brother Song's eyes reverted to red. He had this unreasonable thought of making anyone seeing this beautiful scene in front blind. It should be for him to see only. He frowned at his stupid idea. Calming himself, his eyes turned black again.

The performance soon ended. Xiao Lin panted lightly due to exertion  and looked up at the two men expectantly as if looking for praise.

Coming out of trance, Fu Liwei smiled.

Knock! Knock!

"My Lords, Madam Mu and Lady Xiao Jia asks your permission to enter," came a woman's voice from behind the door.

Xiao Lin went stiff.

"Enter." Fu Liwei permitted.

A middle aged woman with a beautiful lady behind her entered the room.

30/01/2020