Chapter 14

A/N: Apologies for late update. It's hard when there's no motivation and ideas. But worry not, I plan to complete every story I've started. 😄 Thank you again, for every comment, vote and read. I enjoy reading comments! ❤ Be safe!

Here's Chapter 14:

After the breakfast, Emperor Qing Jinhai was having his tea in the garden. Looking at his light frown, Nianzu couldn't help but ask.

"What's on your mind, your Majesty?"

"Hm?" Qing Jinhai glanced at his captain before looking back at the swaying flowers. "I was just think about last night."

"What about it, your Majesty?"

"There is something not right." Emperor Qing Jinhai stated. "Nianzu, investigate that dancer girl. There's no way that sly fox Longwei would just make someone his concubine on a whim. A veiled dancer girl he just saw!? Longwei never was the one to do things like that. He had always been cunning; calculating; carefully crafting a web before capturing his prey. If not for his strategic mind, he wouldn't have been able to win all those wars. Making a mere dancer girl his imperial concubine just because he liked her dance!?" Jinhai snorted. "Too absurd." Not to mention, his own thoughts about the girl when she danced bothered him. Something wasn't right.

Nianzu nodded. He had also found it strange for the Emperor of Song Empire to do something like that. He wasn't the one of those Emperors who were fond of seeking out and collecting beauties. "I concur, your Majesty. I've also found it strange. I'll have the girl investigated."

***

Xiao Lin woke up in a softest bed which was big enough for 3 adults. The room was luxurious and was lavishly and extravagantly decorated.

Yesterday night, when he was going back to his room, he was stopped by some eunuch and was brought here at Spring Palace. Apparently, this new place was his as he was now a part of Emperor's harem and because of his rank as an Imperial concubine, he received his own palace.

The place was beautiful. But Xiao Lin couldn't stay here. Not only it was insulting to him to get something like that by becoming some monarch's mistress but also when the Emperor found his identity as a male, he was sure he would be tortured to death by the Emperor. Didn't ancient people have those torture chambers? He had read about those in novels. Killing by thousand cuts; throwing in hot oil! And those horrible torture devices! He shuddered at the dreadful thoughts. He would rather kill himself first than experience hell like that. No way he's going to stay here. He has to get out of this place as soon as possible. Especially before that Emperor's visit.

But how he was going to do that? Even Su Ming hasn't returned yet. That stupid boy was crying tears of joy when he heard Xiao Lin became imperial concubine, making Xiao Lin feel insulted and angry. Of course, he couldn't show his emotions otherwise Su Ming would have pestered him by asking why he wasn't happy and how lucky he was blah blah. Often times, that boy became a gossip-loving nagging auntie!

Last night eunuch informed him that Su Ming wasn't allowed to stay with him unless Su Ming was a eunuch because Xiao Lin was now a property of His Majesty Song Longwei. So, no other man was allowed to stay with him. But who knew Su Ming was already a eunuch. He never told Xiao Lin that until yesterday making him surprise.

Su Ming was taken away by that eunuch last night to check if he was telling the truth or not. And he hasn't returned yet. I hope he's okay.

Xiao Lin would need a help of Su Ming or someone else to escape. Because not only was he new in this palace, he also had not been here in this world long enough to know well about it. No one knew he was a male neither he had shown his face during his last night performance. He will use those things to his advantage.