Chapter 6 - An Accidental Meeting

Tony's P.O.V

"Okay, so tell me once again why we, The Avengers, mind you, have to walk in public and around the city." I say in an annoyed tone. Steve, Nat, Clint, Rhodey, Bucky, Sam, Stephen, Wanda, Pietro and I are in the elevator, heading down to the lobby and we're all wearing disguises.

"Because, Tony, Fury got an anonymous tip saying that today there might be an attack somewhere in the city so we have to be prepared." Nat says annoyed.

"Yeah, but can't we just, like, wait in the tower?" I look at her and she's glaring at me.

"Tony, we don't know how big this potential attack can be, so if it happens close to one of us, we can call the others. What if this can hurt a lot of civilians?" Steve explains and I just sigh, slightly rolling my eyes. I mean, what if this is just some fake bullshit or something like that.

We head out of the tower and split up. That "Anonymous Tip" said that the attack could happen anywhere in New York so Stephen, Wanda, Pietro and I headed to Queens. Steve, Bucky and Sam went to Brooklyn and Nat, Clint and Rhodey stayed on Manhattan (I know that isn't the whole New York, but, like, I barely know anything about the city... So I'm really Sorry if I get things wrong!).

.

I'm walking around in Queens, just looking around. I'm not here very often so I guess a little change won't hurt. But of course when this mission is over I'm going back to my crib, aka, my workshop.

I take out my phone since the scenery gets boring real fast. As I'm about to cross the road I quickly look up from my phone, but I look back down just as quick and start walking. I didn't really see any cars so I think I'm good.

But just as I've reached the middle of the road someone pushes me towards the sidewalk and my phone falls out of my hand and hits the ground. Same goes for me and the person who pushed me. I damped my fall with my hands, getting small cuts on my palms in the process. I hear a car driving past behind us.

"Shit! What the hell man!" I say out loud and I quickly turn around. "What the hell were you-" But I stop talking when I see who pushed me. About less than a meter away a young teenage boy with big curly, brown hair is sitting, panting like he just ran a marathon. He's holding onto the straps of a grocery bag and he quickly looks up at me, worry clearly visible in his big doe brown eyes. He has a blue and pruple bruise on his cheek and I notice that he also has some small cuts on his palms from the fall.

"Are you alright Mister? I'm so so sorry for pushing you but you were going to be driven over." The boy says as he's trying to catch his breath. I feel like I've seen him before...

"Oh... uhh... Thanks, I guess. Uhh, sorry for, umm, for yelling at you." I say awkwardly, making my voice a little darker, so it's not too recognizable. Then it clicks in my head. I remember seeing a picture of this kid from... from... Shit, come on brain! Work with me. Wait! I remember. This is Peter Parker, the kid I've been texting. He looks so... small and... skinny, like he's barely eating. But still healthy in some sort of way.

Peter quickly stands up and holds his hand out. I take it and he helps me up. He quickly checks the grocery bag and lets out a quiet "Ugghhh" sound. I look over and see that some of the food is a litte mushed. He looks over to the sidewalk and all of a sudden, his face turns as white as a sheet. I look in the direction he's looking to and I notice my phone on the ground, screen first to the concrete. I notice that he's about to speak but I talk first.

"Don't worry about the phone. I can either buy or make a new one." I say nonchalantly as I walk over to my phone and pick it up. Thankfully, I made it so my phone had stronger screen glass and I show Peter the screen. It barely got a scratch. "Or I can just keep this one since it's still good."