Chapter 17 - Tower Tour

Peter's P.O.V

My eyes were wide as we neared the tower. I had my face mushed up against the window, smiling like a madman.

Mr. Stark was chuckling next to me, seeming to enjoy my reaction. 

"You know, if this is how you react when you see the tower, then I'm not sure if I want to see how you react while we're in there." He chuckles.

I drag my face away from the window and look over at Mr. Stark.

"W-well. When you live in a... uhh... not the best conditions. These things just... amazes you. I suppose." I say, bringing my head down in embarrassment.

"Not the best conditions?" Mr. Stark asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Poor." I say, giving him a blank stare.

"Ah."

"Not a billionaire."

"Yeah."

"No money to buy everything you want."

"I got it."

"Not Tony Star-"

"I get it." Mr. Stark cuts me off.

I smirk and get back to looking out the window. As we enter the garage and the car is parked next to a bunch of other expensive looking cars, we step out. Mr. Stark stretches his arms over his head and I walk over to him.

"Well then. Ready for the tour?" He asks, catching me by surprise.

"Tour?"

"Well, seeing as you'll be working for me, You'll have to know the place." He shrugs.

I don't answer, just follow him into the elevator, freaking out inside my head.

'I'm gonna work for Tony Stark?! What the actual fuck?! I mean, he did ask and I accepted. But like???? What the hell is going on??!!' I freak out inside my head, staring down at the floor.

Mr. Happy didn't follow into the elevator, so it was just Mr. Stark and I. It was a little awkward. No one said a word. The silence was only broken by the sound of the *ding* from the elevator, signaling its arrival.

The doors opened to an enormous penthouse. The living room was on the left, while the kitchen was on the right with a big table next to it. 

Mr. Stark stepped out, took a couple steps, then turned around, looking at me with a usual smirk. I was glued to my spot looking at the big room from the elevator. I didn't wanna dare step into a room that costs more than my life. Heck, I was already in a car that costs more than my life.

"Are you comin' or?" Mr. Stark asks, bringing me back to reality. A slight blush forms on my face and I hurry over, nearly crashing into him. "Woah, take it easy kid. Wouldn't want to break something, would we?"

The way he said that kind of reminded me of May.

"N-no. Sorry sir." I mumble, feeling obligated to be formal.

"Sir? Jeez kid, I'm not that old." Mr. Stark mutters under his breath.

"Tony, you're, like, as old as this god forsaken universe. Maybe even older." A male voice says, coming from the couches. I jump a little, not realizing someone else was in the room.

"Shut it birdbrain!" Mr. Stark growls and a snicker is heard from the couches.

I stand some inches away from Mr. Stark, figeting with the sleeves of my hoodie while Mr. Stark massages the bridge of his nose.