Chapter 2

~Yukimi's POV

Another school day, nothing special.

Having a curse like this is a pain that I must deal with for the sake of the friendships that I began to build. Who would have thought that it would be so complicated to fit in like a normal person that I'm not?

"She doesn't want to be friends with a pathetic delinquent, such as yourself" I saw a few guys surrounding someone. I couldn't see the person clearly so I had to move in closer to them.

"What's a guy like you doing around a girl like, her" Who do they think they are? Telling others what's good for me and that they aren't good enough for me.

"The only thing that's pathetic is you" I could hear Akito's voice. "Let me guess you're upset because a nice girl like her isn't hanging out with you" Akito attempted to push his way past them but the guys only pushed him back.

I must move closer, I must stop this and protect my friend. Looking between all the guys I'll be in between is what scared me. If something happens I'll bump into one of the guys or Akito.

My friend needs me right now. Without thinking I rushed over to the group that had Akito pinned to the wall. Quickly stepping in front of Akito I put my arms out on either side of me to prevent them from coming any closer.

"You guys have some nerves" I snarled causing them to shrink back as I pursed my lips clutching my fist.

"N-no Yukimi, you've got it all wrong" They tried to explain. Maybe they thought I wasn't near to witness this whole situation and that they could attack Akito. Thinking about anyone harming my friends made my blood boil.

No!!! You need to calm down Yukimi, if you don't then you'll shift into your form and that's the last thing.

"Your approach is what's pathetic... don't bother Akito again...Ever!!!" I was angered and yelled the last part before I grabbed Akito's hand pulling him along to our next class.

"You know Kimi, I could have taken them on all by myself" He mentioned ruffling the top of my hair as he took a piece of it between his fingers playing with it. When he did it instantly reminded me of my father who loved playing with my hair just as he did with my mother's.

I resemble my mother the most and when I get even older I hope that I grow up to be just as beautiful as she was.

We ran into Yuki on the way to our next class, where he sat under a Cherry blossom tree reading a book, so calm and happy to see us.

"I hate this place" Akito mentioned as we stood on either side of Yuki.

"If it's about what happened back there then-" Akito cut me off before I could continue. I remember Yuki telling me that I was the first person that Akito opened up to another person outside of the family.

He's pretty much new to having a friend.

"I understand Akito, maybe you should head home for the day" Wow Yuki and Akito must be very close if Akito didn't have to utter another word about why he hates being here. Yuki just understood him without needing much information.

"Leave? We only have one last class" Well I mean if he believes he can't finish today then I understand.

"She's right we only have one last class" Yuki stood up stretching as he smiled putting his book away.

"After class, we should go get ice cream or something" I said putting a hand on Akito's shoulder. I don't know why Akito is so down all of a sudden, however, maybe I can cheer him up with my favorite Ice cream.