Chapter 20

~Hatori's POV

Not long after I had woken up, I realized that my talking to Kana had been nothing more than a dream.

My imagination.

"She's very troublesome isn't she?" Akito walked in with a sly smirk plastered across his face followed by Kureno. "You know Hatori, you just might have to erase her memory after this game I've decided to play" Nothing good ever comes out of me loving anyone.

Just when I thought Akito would accept Yukimi turns out it was the complete opposite.

Because I had let her get too close to me she's going to get hurt.

Kana, how can I protect her now? I asked myself thinking about the recent conversation I just had with her.

I nodded for Akito to tell me this game she wants to play knowing that it would involve Yukimi getting hurt whether I decided to participate or not.

Maybe it's not too late?

Akito can't go through with the game if Yukimi isn't around to play.

"To make it more fun I want you to forget that you ever remembered her" Akito's hands cupped my face turning my head forcing me to look into her eyes. "I shall handle the rest" She smiled wickedly.

Not long after Kureno disappeared.

10 minutes after Yukimi walked in with a saddened look across her face. I could tell she was already apologetic without her saying anything but so am I.

"What is it that you want now?" Akito started walking over to her making her tense up at the sight of her.

"I-I heard Hatori was awake so I wanted to check on him" Tears slightly started to form in her eyes.  "Thank you for saving me... I'm really sorry that you got hurt"

The doctor came in not too long after to ask her questions about the other bruises on her body. She lied about how she got them. She could easily be saved from her father but I don't understand why she's choosing not to.

We can only help her but so much in this situation. If we're not careful the tables can easily be turned on us due to the laws here.

She squatted down towards the ground lowly sobbing upon hearing that her father was called to come to the hospital.

I wanted to hold her small figure in my arms and comfort her the best way I could. I hate not being able to do anything except watch her cry.

"You're really pathetic" Akito was at it again. Her way of showing anger and power is through physical attacking. "You're more pathetic than the last one" I froze knowing she was referring to Kana but I was snapped out of my thoughts seeing blood drip down her arms

I threw the covers back rushing over to them trying to pull Akito away from her.

Kureno rushed to help Hatori detain Akito at the other side of the room.

"Are you okay?" Yuki helped her up making sure she wasn't harmed.

"Its all your fault" Akito aggressively tried to pull away from Kureno and I.

It pained me to see Yukimi holding back her tears. I want nothing more than to wrap her in my arms and comfort her but I can't do that right now.

She pushed passed Yuki and Tohru running out of the room. Kureno and I struggled to hold back Akito much longer as she broke out of our grip trying to head after her only to be stopped at the door by Shigure.

What could I have done?

None of us dare to go against Akito's words.

*