Chapter 13

Sorry guys for my stories being late and delayed.

I'm currently getting ready to head back to school and I'm also working on 4 other stories. If you haven't already please read the Gaara story that I have posted if you're interested. ^~^ Thank you for all the support and I hope you're enjoying this story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Yukimi's POV

Its been three days pass since Hatori unexpectedly showed up at my workplace. I couldn't tell who was more excited to see him, whether it would be me or my co-workers.

"Yukimi, we're closing soon, is Hatori still coming?" Hina nudged me in my side teasingly as I chuckled a bit.

"He's coming, he said he would"

"I can't believe you found someone as handsome as a doctor, Yukimi" She said smirking sitting in the chair next to me as I finished putting in the last appointment on the computer before logging out.

"Hina, how many times must I tell you that Hatori and I aren't together" We stared at each other for a short time before bursting out laughing.

"Despite your age difference, I think you two look like a couple when your next to each other" She implied smirking at me.

"So now you're a couple expert huh?" We laughed as the bell rung indicating that someone had entered the store. My head snapped in that direction to see Hatori still near the entrance as I quickly stood up.

I gathered the cat's supplies and carrier walking towards Hatori as he was patiently waiting for me.

"I hope you don't mind I bought some supplies for the cat" I looked at him as he peered down at me as our eyes locked. Overwhelmed by his cold stare it was hard to tell what he was thinking. Yesterday, him laughing was a rare opportunity that doesn't usually occur.

I'm sure if I told the others about it, there's a chance that they wouldn't believe me at all.

"How much?" He started to pull out his wallet before I stopped him to reassure him that it was alright.

"It's Okay Hatori, she was really worried that you didn't know what to buy for the cat, she was pacing around like a chicken with her head cut off" Hina yelled as we were all beginning to head off.

"Thank you, Yukimi" He said with his usual gloomy expression. Either way, if his smile was a rare occurrence his personality was still gentle and kind although he always seemed stern and somber. I loved that about him and I loved that he felt comfortable enough to laugh.

The bell rang again as I was handing Hatori the things explaining to him how he needs to change the litter box and feed the cat.

"If you ever forget, I wrote it all down for you since the first few months may be a bit tough for a new cat owner" The person I looked up to see that had walked in was my father.

"Yukimi, it's time to go" My father said as I grabbed my things while Hina and I clocked out at the same time before saying good night to everyone else.

By the time I had walked back to the front, I noticed Hatori was already gone. It was probably for the best that he left.

My father doesn't seem too well about seeing Hatori, so maybe he already knew him. Putting my stuff away in the back before getting into the passenger seat of my father's car.

"You're off early today" I looked over to my father to see that he pursed his lips furrowing his eyebrows at me as his grip tightened around the steering wheel. "Did I do something wrong?"

"I don't want to see you getting close to that man, understood?" He snarled at me.

"He was just a customer, he just bought in an injured cat three days ago, that's all" My father drew his hand back before slapping me harshly across the face.

Maybe I was wrong to say anything at all. Same with Akito I let my words flow without thinking about the consequences of my actions.

"Understood" I muttered holding back my tears.

I turned my attention out the window letting the tears flow from my eyes.

Why does it always have to be like this? It's just getting worse and not better? I miss my mother, she was the one who truly cared about how I felt as for my father he doesn't even ask me.

*

I haven't been out of the house as much since my father had been becoming suspicious of my frequent hanging with Tohru. He has been out for days at a time here and there. I dared not sneak to Shigure's house in fear that he would come home to find me not there.

What if he came home early? What if I ran into him while I was out with them?

Many things could go wrong as my father is very unpredictable. I feel that hanging near the Sohma's was pretty risky right now that's why I had to distance myself.

My father left about thirty minutes ago, so I decided was a good chance to call Tohru. She was probably very worried about me as she hasn't heard from me in nearly a few months now.

New year is approaching as well so hopefully, my father would allow me to go and spend some time with her. I would have to lie again to go to the Banquet since Akito invited me also I don't want to reject the invitation knowing that it might upset him in the slightest.

"Tohru speaking" Her cheerful voice was enough to bring me to tears when she answered the phone. I was pretty upset I wasn't able to see anyone, less upset that I wasn't able to see Hatori but he too is also being cautious ever since my father showed up.

I have his number so I could call him but I won't risk being on the phone with him and my father walks in.

"Tohru, I'm sorry I haven't contacted you in a while" I explained to her how suspicious my father is being of me now that he's keeping me in the house. She understood well but I could tell she was more than happy to hear from me.

"Ms. Kiriyama, are you alright?" Yuki took over the phone with a concerned voice.

"Yukimi, please come visit us, Hatori and Momiji are here, they both miss you dearly" Shigure chimed in. "Mainly Hatori" He added as I heard Hatori in the background.

"Shigure I will stitch your lips together so that you will never speak again" Hatori threatened which made me giggle a bit.

"YUKIMI!!!" I heard my father's voice boom from downstairs.

"I got to go guys bye" I said quietly but loud enough for them to hear me as I hung up the phone.

I ran downstairs to see that my father had bought some groceries from the store.

"What were you doing?" He asked glaring at me.

"Uh nothing I was just in my room" He nodded as I helped him put up the groceries getting dinner started for him.

"I won't be here on new year's, I have a business trip to attend, so you will have to spend it by yourself this year" He mentioned while turning on the T.V.

"That sucks, why during a holiday" I kind of pouted but then it dawned on me.

"It's a four-day trip" That would be enough time to spend with everyone.

"Do you mind if I stay with Tohru? Then that way I won't be alone for so long" I asked hoping he'd approve since I have spent any time with them.

"If it's alright with Tohru then yes" I squealed running over to hug him tightly holding the soup spoon until the pot started boiling over.

After I finished making dinner I put a small bowl of coffee jelly next to my father's dish as it was my first time making it. I wanted to try something different this time and hopefully find some way to make him happy again.

"Tell me how the coffee jelly tastes" I watched curiously waiting for the results shortly after he had tasted it.

"Its good" He stared blankly with a blank expression as he continued to eat his dinner. We both continued to eat in silence as usual as there was no conversation between us even after we finished.