Romero's Break

Kimori stands there all giddy and withheld. Hands in his pockets but shoulders to the ceiling. Septum piercing in his nose and several more on his ears.

I nudge Seven. He has his legs pulled up to his chest. "Why don't you give him a house tour?"

Seven blushes hard before placing his forehead on his knees. "Don't wanna."

He's spent. In the same way you'd wake up from a particularly vivid dream. Seduced by a succubus. Not wanting to be awake but sleeping is too much. He has the slightest bit of dampness on the tips of his hair. Shallowness in his breathing. His pants are wet.

He has just stopped shaking. Just recovered.

"Was that too much?" I ask.

"No!" Seven panics, whisper yells. "I mean– I needed it. I really needed it."

I needed to backpedal. Seven is so temperamental. So easy to build up and so easy to break down. I can't take hurting him, even when he needs to know the truth.

I don't want to overdo it, send him spiraling down. He just looks so adorable. All. The. Damn. Time.

I lost time. Time that I could've been holding him and loving him. Every part of me craves that time, the next time, the last time. I can never get enough of Seven. So I want every last drop of him.

"I don't really need a house tour. I've been here a couple of times." Kimori is still smiling as he speaks. "It would be nice to get one though."

He's getting one.

If Mia does it, like I know she's dying to, Von will pop the vain in his forehead. Then pop a cap in Kimori.

"I'll give you a tour." I stand up when I say it and suddenly Kimori's doe-eyes are on me.

We're in one of the main hallways when I get tired of introducing the rooms. "Do you know everyone's names already?"

"Uh...yeah, definitely!" He's enthusiastic. "I think so." But he probably wants me to tell them anyway.

"I'm Romero. I specialize in knives and being the most attractive gang member. The black guy is L. He's the oldest. Good at technology also, kinda... half made of technology which is cool. The Korean one is Seven. He's probably gonna start out being super nice to you but you should still be careful with him. He's good with...his body?" I regret the last part as soon as I say it. "I'm sure you know Von. Whatever you've heard about him I can tell you right now he's way worse. Good with guns, horrible with being a decent human being."

"Geez, you sound like you hate him." Kimori rubs the back of his neck as we turn into the second dining room.

"Oh, I do." I turn the lights on and the chandelier casts tiny rainbows at our feet. "You already know Mia. She seems bold but trust me, she's a baby on the inside. When she first got in the gang she'd cry if you put a gun in her hand."

Kimori laughs, a bubbly, hand-over-mouth laugh. And I laugh too though it kinda pissed me off at the time.

Kimori makes the bad good. I can already tell he's going to get along with Seven.

"Do you drink?" I kinda really want to get him drunk. Watch him let loose and see if he loses that schoolboy persona.

"Yeah," he bites his lower lip when he smirks. "Do you smoke?"