Bounty

This is all too true of this fatal folly of all the races, not just man. It seems that the only ones that benefit from such death and destruction are the unseen that feed after the dues has been paid to the Reaper.

"Brothers, the sun has gone down and now is our time!"

Many excited figures gathered around the speaker in eager anticipation.

"We have been patiently waiting, but the wait is finally over!  Now is our chance to revel in the bounty sown by the foolish."

Raucous cheers exploded all around.  The din was deafening as the crowd's spirit was infectious.  The speaker waited until his audience settled down before he continued, which took quite some time.

"You will have nothing to fear.  You will be ignored.  If anything, your presence will instill and revulsion in those that still live."  Small beady eyes looked over the large crowd.  He saw countless beady and eager eyes staring back at him.

"This conflict is not ours, it never is, nor will it ever be.  We have no need to fight amongst ourselves.  However, just as our unity is our strength, their eternal foolhardiness is our salvation; just as it has been for countless centuries."  Many heads nodded in agreement and satisfaction.  Of course what their leader was telling them  was common knowledge, but his audience never tired of hearing it.

"Over the centuries their weapons have gotten ever more potent and ever more destructive.  Even though you should not fear the combatants, you should fear their weapons."

At these words the many eyes grew wide with apprehension.

"They can, and do, kill without discrimination, so if they get close it is best to escape to the safety of our tunnels.  We will be there safe there until the danger passes."

The looks of apprehension changed to immense relief.

"Just one more thing my loyal brothers, There is more than enough for us all to feast upon!  Let us not act like mindless animals by quarreling with our own."

More loud cheers erupted.  The speaker once again waited for them to die down.

"Now, burst forth and feast on the corpses of the fallen.  Their flesh is ours for the taking; they have no further need of it.  All hail to war which brought us this bounty! Be forever thankful to that which the humans cannot refrain from."

More loud cheering, then the hundreds if not thousands of tiny feet marched forward with a single mission, to feast upon the peaceful dead.