19 ~ New Man

Something feels off.

All throughout Manny and Drew's engagement party, I try to enjoy the music and food. Dancing with my friends and snuggling Uncle John's kiddo's every second I get. I should feel like I'm in heaven, but I don't.

Rocking a sleeping baby Sofia to sleep as the party continues to rage on, I check my phone to find a text from Ashton.

Ash
Are you 100% good to drive tonight?

Sage
Yes, I'm ready to see T-Town

Rolling my eyes at his nagging, I go to put my phone away and stop when I realize Chloe hasn't texted me today. She mentioned being invited to this party and I wasn't surprised, so why isn't she here?

Standing up, I hand Sofia to Uncle John and steal Manny away for a quick dance. She smiles, the height difference between us almost humorous as we dance. "My love, what has you so distracted?"

"We got three new additions to the family yesterday and you expect me to be chill?"

She smirks, "Scarlett is taking it better than you, that's saying something."

"I'm on the mend, Manny, a heads up would've been nice." So I could've prevented a potential meltdown. "But, I'm happy they're here."

"Then what has you upset?"

"I thought Chloe was invited tonight and I haven't seen her since I dropped her off last night." I admit and she tenses.

"You took her home?" She asks forcefully.

"So you knew?"

Immediately she looks at the ground, "Yes, but–"

"Time to go, Bubs. It's nearing 10 and Ashton is about to have a meltdown if we don't get a move on." Scarlett interrupts us. "Love you, Manny. Tonight was wonderful."

Manny hugs us both and presses a kiss to my cheek, "It's okay."

Flashing a smile, I grab my keys. I'm sure it is.

Before I get on the road, I send a text.

Sage
You owe me a dance for being a no-show, Chlo-bear.

*****

"Good morning, beautiful people." Christian sings, waltzing into the hotel room I shared with twins and Conner.

"Why are you here?" Ashton whines and I laugh as Scarlett walks in through the door that connects our rooms.

"I ran into the gang and they mentioned meeting you guys for breakfast, and I wanted to join."

"Blame Nina." Clay shoves his way into the room, plopping onto the bed as Ronnie and Saffron dog pile him.

"I'm unpredictable when I'm hungry and James was with us, it was sorta obvious." She pouts.

"I invited Christian last night." Scarlett sings, grabbing keys off the counter.

"Why?" Avery whines as he sends her a wink.

"Can we eat and leave my man alone?" I demand, clapping my hands together and ushering the room full of older idiots towards the door.

*****

Seated at some small cafe, James slides into the spot next to me.

"Morning, Handsome." I wink as coffee is placed in front of me. I'm not as dependent as my sister, but I enjoy a good boost. Something I've only learned in these recent months. While Ella supplied my sister with coffee, even when she shouldn't have, she always talked me out of trying it.