The House In The Fog (One Direction Horror/Adventure Fan Fiction)

This house was odd and peculiar. The house that was secluded. It is in a big space of land farther back towards the woods than the other houses near the land. Every time it was foggy, which was common for the part of New York we live in, the fog is quite dense around it. Especially around this time of year; autumn. This is the first time in a while I had actually stopped and stared at it while walking my dog. It had attracted me ever since I was 6. I am 17 now. My mom had told me people lived there before I was born, but they just left. No for sale sign, no moving trucks, not even a sign of them. They just disappeared. 

I continued on walking my dog, but for some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off of it. I have no idea what the attraction was to me. Was it because it was extremely creepy? Was it because their leaving was increasingly suspicious to me? I had no idea. I wouldn't be able to answer these questions if my life depended on it. I walked with my dog to the short distance to my house. I saw my neighbor, Louis Tomlinson, playing guitar on his porch. Louis moved to the neighborhood from Doncaster, England when we were both 2. It was in January. We immediately became inseparable when our mother's introduced us to each other. Ever since that day, we were always by each other's side. There's so many pictures of us together from 2 years old to just the other day. One of my favorite is one of us when we were 4. We were all bundled up in snow gear, arms around each other, big goofy smiles, in front of a snow fort we built. It was the cutest thing.

"Hey Louie!" I exclaimed, walking up to his porch and taking a seat next to him.

"Hey Jen! How you doing? Hello Lola" he replied, laying his hand on my dog to pet her as she wagged her fluffy tail and sniffed his guitar.

"I'm doing good. Why are you out here in the cold playing guitar?"

"Needed some fresh air."

"Ahh. What're you playing?"

"Just something I started writing last night. Can't hear it till it's done!"

"Aw darn. Anyway, you know that abandoned house down the road?"

"How could I forget it?" his eyes were now glued to me. I could see his interest growing.

"Let's go check it out!"

"Isn't that trespassing?" Louis asked. It was unusual for him to care about things like that.

"Not if it's abandoned" I replied. "Come on, it'll be fun! I'll grab some flashlights and we'll go on an adventure!"

"Alright, but let's get some others to go to! I feel more comfortable with big groups." 

"I do too. I'll call Emma, Chloe, and Niall. You call Zayn, Liam, and Harry. Tell them to come now." Louis and I befriended Emma, Chloe, Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Harry from 2nd - 4th grade. Even through the rest of elementary school, all of middle school, and almost all of high school, we never lost connection. We just kept getting closer. We were that group that was attached at the hip, and spent every weekend together. Actually, almost everyday together. We always found a way to have fun with each other, no matter the time or place. People actually referred at us as "the group."

I whipped out my phone, as did Louis, and we started dialing the numbers. I heard maybe a 3 second conversation and Louis was already dialing the next person, while I was still waiting for Emma to pick up. That derp. Finally she picked up, and was able to go. Same with Chloe and Niall. As I ended the last call, I turned to Louis.

"Can they come?"

"Yup! They'll be here in a minute. What about Emma Chlo and Niall?"

"Yup, they should be here in a minute too! I'm gonna go put the dog in the house and get some flashlights. Don't expect power to work after 20 years. I'll be right back!" I said, starting to walk 2 houses down to mine. 

"Alright!" Louis ran inside to get extra flashlights, a coat for himself, and to put his guitar away. I bounded through my door, letting the dog off her leash, and sliding into our kitchen. I frantically opened drawers looking for our flashlights. I was so excited to finally be able to go in that house that has fascinated me for so many years. I was glad no one was home to ask what I was doing. Even though I was 17, they wouldn't approve. I finally found our stash of high powered flash lights. We had about 5 in case of power outages. The batteries should be full because we haven't used them since that last power outage years ago. I slipped some extra batteries into the pocket of my North Face jacket just in case. I had to leave a note too. I didn't want to tell them that I was going to explore, that house, but I didn't want to lie. I just wrote it vaguely. 

Went on a walk with the group. Call when you want me home :) -Jenna 

That sounds innocent. I bounded out the door, locking it behind me, and bolting the very short distance to Louis' where Zayn, Harry, Emma, and him were waiting. I sat on a step when I reached the porch. 

"Okay, I found 5 flashlights. High powered. I have extra batteries too. How many did you find Lou?"

"3."

"Perfect! One for all! Wheres the other derps?" I asked. 

"They should be here any minute" Zayn replied. Suddenly, I recognized Liam's car pull up. He picked up Niall and Chloe, cause they climbed out too. 

"So, what kind of adventure are we going on?" Harry asked in his naturally cheeky tone. Louis took the liberty of telling him as the other's listened.

"You know that house that sits farther back near the woods on the corner down there?" he pointed down the street.

"You mean the creepy shack that's always surrounded with a bunch of fog?" Chloe asked.

"Yeah, thats the one. We're gonna go exploring in there. It's been like 20 years. No one lives there. We got flashlights, and we're gonna go see whats going on in there."

"Hell yeah, lets go!" Niall exclaimed as I handed him a flashlight.  

"Creepy old houses for the win!" Emma also exclaimed as I handed her a flashlight. Liam looked hesitant, but decided to go along with it as he accepted a flashlight from Louis. We all got our flashlights and headed down the street.