Chapter 2 - Unknown Residence

We approached the house. We all stood in front of it for a moment, hesitant to go in. We were all for it until the moment came. We all became uneasy. Who knows what lies inside the walls of the abandoned house? Zayn, with his bad boy bravado, started leading the group. We hesitantly followed Zayn. I stood close to Zayn, though I didn't want to be in front. However, I knew if I was in danger, he could pack a nice punch in. I made sure Harry was close behind. I've seen him get into a fight with someone at school. He knows how to pack a punch too. I felt safe in the sandwich of my strong best friends. We circled the house, looking for an entrance. Chloe and Emma simultaneously spotted a back door. Zayn lead to the way, trying to force it open. 

"It's rusted shut. What're we gonna do?" There was blank stares and shrugs towards him. No one knew. "Hold on, I got it. Everyone stand back." Zayn lead us back, and motioned for us to stay. Suddenly, he ran full speed and kicked the door open with all his strength. It immediately flung open, revealing a dark dingy room. It looked like a family room from where I was. The uneasy feeling returned. I quickly latched to the closest person which happened to be Harry. Good. I needed to be close to someone I KNEW could take someone down in the blink of an eye. Not that the other boys weren't strong, but I just knew Harry was tough. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Emma latched to Louie's side and Chloe latched to Liam's. Niall was in the back alone. I motioned for him to join Harry and I, feeling more comfortable in the middle of 2 boys. Zayn started leading us into the room. We were again hesitant. 

"Well, are you guys gonna stand there, or explore?" I could tell he was excited for this. We all slowly walked into the room, flashlights on and guard up. You never know. Maybe this place wasn't abandoned. Maybe they just didn't like humans and society and kept themselves secluded. But I doubt it. If that was the case, they surely would have reacted at the door being kicked open. It was abandoned as expected, and now was time to investigate. We all stopped in our tracks upon entering the room to take in everything we saw. All the furniture was still there and covered in plastic. Why would people leave their furniture if not selling their house? The furniture wasn't exactly modern. All 80's things, and some early 90's things. I looked towards the wall. I saw a square clock mounted on the wall with few pictures around it. The clock looked like a very tiny grandfather clock. It was stuck on a date and time. The date it was stuck on was December 13, 1992. The time was stuck on 11:08 PM. 

"Guys, look" I pointed out the clock to the rest of the group, explaining that it was stuck on that date and time. I studied the pictures around the clock. One was a family photo. There were 2 parents (obviously). They looked to be in their late 30's, possibly early 40's. The had 2 kids on their laps. One was a boy, who looked around 9. The other was a little girl,  who looked 5. Their clothes appeared to out date their furniture. I unattached myself from Niall and Harry, taking the photograph off of the wall. I turned it around, disassembling the frame. Harry and Niall watching over my shoulder. I slid the photo out of the frame. I was looking for anything. Names, dates, or even a company that could have taken the photo.

"Hey guys, come look at this." I motioned for everyone to gather around. I shined my flashlight to the back of the picture. "There's names, dates, and even ages on the back of this." I started to read it to them. "Baran Family - July 7, 1984. Jackie, 39. George, 42. Tommy, 10. Jennifer, 5. And there's faded watermarks from a place called JLS photography."

"80's? I thought this house was only abandoned 20 years ago?" Louis asked, interest striking him. 

"Maybe this is the last family photo they took. I haven't had professional family photos taken since I was 6."

"Well this is weird" Chloe said. I put the photo back in the frame and mounted it back on the wall. Just as I was walking away, the photo flew off the wall and hit the ground. It scared us all, because we were all caught of guard. I practically jumped in Zayn's arms. 

"Holy tits, that scared the shit out of me. Sorry Zayn" I said, moving away from him. I saw Emma go to pick up the photo. 

"Hey guys" she called, "the glass broke."

"Um, just put it on that coffee table" Liam said, pointing to the table near the wall. We left that room and went exploring more. Everything was so old and dingy. Definitely was abandoned. But it also felt like something was there with us, something we couldn't see, but it could see us. I consulted the other to make sure I wasn't the only one feeling this way. I wasn't. They felt the same way. The house gave a creepy vibe. Like something more had happened here than it just being abandoned. We made our way up the stairs, careful because we didn't know how sturdy they were. Suddenly I got hit by this feeling. Something I couldn't explain. It was weird. As we made our way up the stairs, the air felt heavy, and the feeling became stronger. As we reached the top and looked at the hall way, I suddenly felt uneasy (along with the unexplainable feeling) about what lies in our path.