Chapter 5 - The Last Film In The Box

I anxiously waited as Liam put in the last film. The answers might all be here. Why there was blood on the walls, why the place is abandoned, and why this is the last film. It seemed like an eternity until it started. I desperately wanted these answers. It finally started, and we saw a man step in front of the camera. It wasn't the father of the family, it was someone different we haven't seen in any of these videos. He was in the little girl's room, and it looked like he set the camera on her bed. 

"Well it's about 10:30 PM on December 13, 1992. And I have some new friends." He swung the camera to the family, tied up duct tape on their mouths. The children and mother were silently crying. He went over to them, and ripped the duct tape off the father's mouth. The father started talking.

"Why are you doing this?" he yelled.

"I'm bored, and you were home." He flashed a sinister smile at them. "Now, who wants to watch everyone else get killed?" The man, the killer, said, as he pulled a long knife from a type of holster. "I'll go for the children first." He suddenly thrusted the knife through the heart of the girl. Everyone cried harder. "Don't worry boy, you'll see her real soon." As soon as the words left his mouth, he did the same to the little boy. The parents couldn't hold back their loud cries. The killer turned back to the camera. "If anyone happens to come across this, I know what you're thinking. How could you kill 2 little kids? Well, I don't like kids, so it's pretty easy for me." The father was crying, and words poured out of his mouth. 

"Please, please" he sobbed. "Please stop. I'd rather be dead than have to live life knowing my kids have been killed, and I saw it and couldn't save them."

"Well then your wish will come true" the killer said, pushing the knife through the man's chest. Without even a word or hesitation, he did the same to the woman. He turned back to the camera. "Hope anyone watching this enjoyed my little movie. Now I'm gonna go put plastic covers on everything. Might as well perserve something in this house." The filmed ended. All of us were frozen. We couldn't move, or even breathe. I desperately wanted to get wrapped in one of the boy's arms, and bury my head in their shoulder, but I couldn't move. It was like everything had stoppped. I tried to speak, but couldn't find the right words. I heard faint cries coming from Chloe. Liam slid over and wrapped her up in his arms. I could see the fear, the sadness, and the shock in his eyes. I could see that in everyone's eyes. The simple motions that we do everyday seemed impossible now. We were all frozen with fear. Suddenly, Harry's voice broke through, slightly cracking with fear.

"Should...should we call the police?" No one replied. There were still no words. I finally let some fear die down and slid over to Zayn. I put my head on his shoulder, and he immediately knew the fear inside me. Zayn wrapped his arms arund me, cuddling me close. He was shaking. Zayn does not normally get scared easily, but I could sense he was shaken. Everyone still didn't know what to do. Suddenly, Louis started talking, as a delayed reply to Harry.

"I..I think we sh-should." He was also trembling with fear.