Chapter 6 - Now We Know

Harry took his phone out of his pocket slowly, his hands trembling, still wrapped in fear. He shakily dialed 911. The room was so silent I could hear the other end of the conversation.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I'd like to report a murder. I need police now!" His voice was soft, but also had sadness hidden behind it. He started to breathe a bit faster.  

"Okay, sir, we'll have police there as soon as possible. I just need your name and location."

"My name's Harry Styles, and I'm at 65 Chase Road."

"Alright, we'll send help immediately." Harry hung up and put his phone back in his pocket. We still couldn't move. We never imagined to see anything like that in our entire lives. This is like the stuff that happens on Criminal Minds. I stayed wrapped in Zayn's arms. I needed someone to comfort me, and even though he didn't want to admit it, he needed someone to comfort him too. 

We heard sirens after what felt like eternity, but ended up being only a few minutes. Second after second, the air hung heavier in the room. We filed out of the house, and as soon as the fresh air hit me, it felt as a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and it felt easier to breathe. The police cars and ambulances rolled up. Police officers and paramedics shot out of their vehicles. One policeman started rolling yellow tape around the house, and the other came to talk to us. He introduced himself.

"Hello, I'm Officer Keegan. Can you explain to us what happened from what you know?" It took a minute for us to talk about the horrific thing we just saw. Suddenly, Emma came in. 

"Well, we're gonna be honest. This house has been abandoned for a while, so we broke in to see what was in here. Upstairs in the master bedroom, we found a box of films, so we went to look for the camera. In the little girl's room, we found the camera, and..." she took a deep breath. "Blood all over the walls." I could tell she didn't want to say the rest. I started talking, trying to be brave. 

"Then, when we watched the films, the last one we watched -the one with the most recent date- was a video of...of...." I gulped and took a breath. "Some man....k-killing the whole family." I got chills and trembled as the sentence fell out of my mouth. The officer looked shocked. 

"Well, you kids go on home. We're gonna try to get this things straightened out." We all started toward my house in a shocked and scared daze. Our eyes looked like glass. No one spoke, in fact, we hardly breathed. I went into my home, Louis into his, everyone else piled in their cars and went to theirs. Later that night, I had nightmares about what we had seen. It's not something you can simply forget. I texted Louis.

*Hey, you up? I had a nightmare about the film :(* My phone buzzed not very long later. I jumped, still very on edge. 

*Yeah. But at least you got to sleep. I can't close my eyes without seeing it. I've been on my porch for the past 5 minutes. Meet me out here, love? Little chilly, but the fresh air will be nice." I loved his English terminology. I could imagine him calling me love in his soft voice. It made me calmer.

*Sure* I replied. I threw on a sweatshirt and went outside and looked at him on his porch. He motioned for me to come to him. I flew up the steps and sat next to him on the porch swing. It was silent for a minute. I was chilly because my sweatshirt wasn't heavy enough. Louis's voice broke through. 

"You look chilly. Come here." He motioned for me to get closer. I did, and he threw his arms around me. He made me feel warmer, protected and calmed my nerves. Him being my best friend was the greatest thing. As we sat and talked, I glanced down the street. We finally got the answers we've been wanting for so long. We know what happened in the house in the fog.