27

@5sosGlobal: multiple reports that Calum's new gf Sage was involved in an altercation outside the buses with their longtime stage manager Caleb. We will post updates as they become available

@CdizzleSwizzle: I was at the Buffalo show tonight and out at the bus lot when everything went down. My video is grainy but you can clearly see Caleb punch her first.

@SossieSarah: I was fully prepared to bash the shit out of Sage bc I just don't like what I've seen of her but Caleb decked her for no reason. #Calebiscancelled

"Well, the bright side of this seems to be my fans are supportive of you." Calum smiles into my ear, his laugh lighthearted and warm.

"Wow, yeah getting jumped by a coworker is totally worth it now that your crazy fan girls are feeling a little less like sending me death threats." I deadpan as he kisses the side of my head. I'm a little annoyed by everything this morning since I basically got no sleep, the events from last night just replayed over and over in my head. The pain from the purple bruise on my face a stinging reminder of the whole ordeal. 

"Babe...."

"No, Cal."

"Rowen, if you hadn't beat his ass I would have. He got what he deserved, he's fired. We found replacements for him and Mark that I know for a fact aren't douchebags."

"But did you think Mark and Caleb were douchebags before I was involved?"

He opens his mouth as if to say something and then closes it again, his lips pursed.

"That's what I thought." I say.

"Why are we making this a thing?" He asks, his voice softer than it was a moment ago.

"We aren't. I'm just saying this is all going to get blown out of proportion by management and your fans. I would bet a large sum of money I'll get called in to talk to Matt today." I say anger rising in my voice. I'm annoyed at the whole thing. I was defending myself, which shouldn't have even been necessary and now I'm concerned about possible repercussions.

"Nothing is going to happen to you!" He defends and I suppress the urge to roll my eyes.

"I'm gonna go check on Cope and Kate in the back lounge. I'll meet you later." I say and turn to head towards the back.

He grabs my wrist and spins me back to face him.

"Are you upset with me." He pleads, his eyes searching mine.

"No, Cal. I'm just annoyed by the situation and I want to talk to Kate. I'll see you later, I promise." I tell him, leaning forward onto the tips of my toes and pressing my lips against his.

His face is unreadable as I pull away and I squeeze his hand trying to reassure him as I step to the back of the bus. I hear his heavy foot steps as he exits and I step into the lounge, smiling when I see an already awake Copeland standing the playpen she had slept in, her smile wide.

"Hi, Cope!" I whisper scooping her up. "Should we wake your momma and see if she wants to get breakfast?" I ask and she laughs which I take as a yes.

"I'm already awake since you're so loud." Kate grumbles and I can't help but laugh. 

"C'mon it's already ten and I have to be back by noon for set up, let's go get brunch I found a place on yelp." 

"Will there be Mimosa?" She asks, peeking at me sideways through one eye.

"Duh!" I tell her. "Get your butt up! I'll get Cope dressed." 

I cover the girl's tiny cheek in kisses and dig in her bag for an outfit. I take out a yellow onesie and change her into it, finishing the last of the snaps as Kate reappears from the bedroom

"You okay?" Kate asks. I know she can tell something is off. We were quiet almost the entire walk to the restaurant and I haven't said anything since our order was placed. 

"Yeah, I guess." I say unconvincingly. 

She gives me a knowing look and I take a swig of my mimosa before speaking again. 

"Just hate that I'm continually causing problems. Cal has been great but I think he's keeping how much trouble I'm actually causing from me. I just feel like a burden, so much has had to be changed because of me and now there's about to be this whole media firestorm that is all my fault and he's so, so great but why is it always me? It's so frustrating. I hurt everyone I let in."

"Sage, he's choosing to let you in as well. If he thought the burden was too much to bear he'd leave." She says earnestly. "He doesn't seem like the type to walk away from a challenge. That's a good thing by the way." She laughs.

"But what's the cost Kate? When is enough gonna be enough and he can't defend me anymore?" 

"You always do this." She says to me soft but firm. "You can't force people not to care about you. That man is in love with you whether you know it or not and I doubt there's much between here and the end's of the Earth that he wouldn't do for you."

"You think he loves me?" I ask, my ears perking up. 

She nods and spoon feeds Copeland a bit of her baby food. 

"You question that?"

"I don't know, we haven't said it to each other yet." I admit sheepishly. 

"From what I've seen, he may not say it yet but he shows it. Look at all he did for me and Cope? I needed this trip so bad. He went above and beyond to make sure we could both visit. You don't do all that for someone you don't love."

 I nod considering her words.

"I'm pretty sure Matt is going to call me in to yell at me today." I say, picking at my fingernails. 

"Yeah but, you were just defending yourself. Nothing is going to happen to you." She says. 

I shrug. 

"I hit him and got him fired. That's now two people fired on my behalf. I've fainted twice. At what point am I more of a liability than a help? I wouldn't be surprised at all if they fired me."

"And you think Calum would let that happen?" She asks incredulously.

"I don't know that he would really have much choice in the matter." I said, sinking down in my chair. 

"They don't work for him?"

"Technically he does pay his management but he's under contract with them so to some extent he has to do what they say." I shrug, my mood sinking with every moment I continue to let myself dwell on this. 

"I don't know, I just can't see him letting you go down while he sat by quietly."

"I hope I'm just being nervous but I sat up almost all night worried about everything. I only glanced through the online drama, I'm sure it's way worse by now." I sigh. 

"Give me my niece and let's go face this shit storm." I say, eating the last bite of my crepe and tossing cash for the meal on the table. 

AN: Idk why this chapter took me forever to write? Sorry it's moslty fluff and short. I'll make up for it tomorrow!

What do you think is going to come of the altercation?

Will the fans situation get more hectic?

Will Sage get fired?

Let me know your thoughts!

ILY

Sav