Chapter 10

I woke up and changed into a pair of dark leggings and slipped on a sweater. I slipped on some socks and put on some slippers. I walked to the room I was in yesterday and I saw Kyle sitting there looking scared. I walked over to him and sat down next to him on the ugly red couch.

"Hey" I whispered. He looked up from his knees and looked at me. He had tears in his eyes.

"Hey whats wrong?" I asked him bringing my arm around him bringing him closer to me. He hugged me back with his small arms around my neck and his face in my neck as he let out some sobs.

"I have to go through chemo" he said barely above a whisper. My eyes got wide, he has cancer. I hugged him back tight. This precious little boy has cancer. It made my heart clutch as the thought of him not being on this earth.

"Why aren't you at chemo?" I asked him after he calmed down.

"I don't like it" he said whipping away his tears. His eyes red from tears and pink cheeks.

"Yeah, but in the end it will be better if you do." I told his running my fingers through his hair.

"I get sleepy and tired, and I lose all my hair. I can't play sports anymore. I don't want to do it. " he said hugging me again, as rubbed his back as he let it all out.

"Hey I'll make you a deal, you go to chemo and I'll get us ice cream" I told him as he sat back up.

"Ice cream before chemo?" he asked and I nodded and a tooth grin spread across his face. I grabbed his hand and we walked through the halls till we got to the cafe near the lobby. I ordered us some ice cream and we sat at the bench and ate it.

"When are you leaving here?" he asked me with some slight sobs and hicks.

"I don't know a week maybe" I told him he finally stopped crying.

"Oh" He mumbled as he started to sob again.

"Hey let's go, I'm pretty sure everyone is worried." he nodded and we walked back to his room. He walked in and I saw his mom hug him. The nurse put IV in his arms. He turned around and smiled at me, I smiled and walked away. As I was walking I was looking at the floor. Then I felt myself run into someone or something. I fell to the floor and rubbed my forehead. I looked up to see Ky looking at me wide eyed.

"We really need to stop meeting like this" I told him standing up from the cold hospital floor.

"What are you doing here?" he asked looking at me, as if he was scanning me for something.

"Problems, why are you here?" I asked him raising an eyebrow even though I already knew why.

"Reasons" he said I nodded before starting to walked off.

KY'S POV

I watched as Levi walked off. Why the hell is she here? Is she sick? She doesn't look that sick, maybe a little pale and skinny? Well compared to months ago she looks a lot different. She wasn't her full curvy figure anymore, her skin looked so pale, she just looked so fragile. I turned back and walked to my brother's room. I sat down on his bed and looked at him smiling.

"Hi KY!" he said smiling. I gave him a smile, I didn't like seeing him like this. He looks like any normal kid but soon he's going to get weaker and pale and lose his hair and be tired. But he has to get worse before he gets better. The nurse walked in telling him its time for chemo and he nodded because he made a deal with his friend.

"What friend?" I asked him, he said he hated it here because the other kids didn't like to play with him. So what friend is he talking about?

"Your pretty friend" he said then gave me a smile and walked out with the nurse. Is he talking about Levi? I got up and walked out. I need to find her. I walked around maybe she left or something. I went to the main desk and asked the lady for Levi Winchester and she told me her room number. I walked across the whole place and got to her room. I knocked on the door, she groaned in response.