Chapter 14

Jasmine's POV
Saturday was finally here and that meant the bbq/pool party for Jaxon was going to be in full swing very soon. I woke up tired. What Jaxon said to me last night, about Marcy texting Darnell, really weighed heavy on my mind. That bitch was crazy and I wouldn't put anything past her. She looked like the scheming type.

The bbq was supposed to start at noon, right now it was 11 in the morning so I had about an hour. I searched through all of my bathing suits before deciding on a colorful striped two piece bikini. To cover up, I threw on a black, mesh share pants and a jean cropped jacket. I fluffed out my afro, I grabbed my vintage glasses, and headed downstairs.

The moment I reached the kitchen, Cindy greeted me cheerfully

"Jasmine you look amazing! You're so so beautiful." She hugged me before leaning back and kissing me on the cheek.

"Thanks Cindy." I smiled.

"Head out back, I know it's Jaxon's day, but there's a surprise out back for you." I hug her again before heading outside.

On the lounge chairs, I see Megan conversing with Luke, Daniel, and Imani. I can't help but smile. So this was the surprise? I walk over to the group and start giving out hugs. I'm excited to see my friends and cousin.

"I'm so happy to see everyone! When did you all make it?"

"We got in around 10 this morning." Imani states.

"Damn girl, if I wasn't gay, I would take your fine ass home!" Luke compliments.

"You're so extra." I tell him.

"Speaking of extra. A little birdie told us how extra and annoying Jaxon's new girl is." Luke continues. I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to spoil my day thinking about her.

Speaking of the devil and his demon queen, both Jaxon and Marcy exited the house as if on cue. They were accompanied by Jaxon's best friend Brent. I peer over to Megan to see her reaction. And like I suspected, I can see a faint tinge of pink slowly creep up her neck and into her face. She's had a crush on Brent since high school but refused to make a move. I think it's cute but she needed to man up and stop being a pussy.

Everyone greets everyone and so far everyone's in a great mood.

"Girl, will you let that man breathe??? I can't get to look at my eye-candy, Aka Jaxon, without you being all up the mans asshole! Shit we know he's yours. But damn, a bitch wanna take in the view without you spoiling it." My cousin Imani has no filter. And Luke didn't make it any better by agreeing with her.

"Sis, aint that the motherfucking truth?!" He high fived Imani and I try my best not to chuckle!

If I could record this moment I would. The embarrassment creeped into Marcy's face as she turned red. After that, she let go of him albeit still hovering behind him closely.

"So who's ready to play some beer pong?" Daniel asks. And everyone cheered.

We split up into two teams with me, Megan, Luke, Imani on one team. While Brent, Jaxon, Marcy, and Daniel were on the other team. Right when we were about to begin, Marcy pulled out her phone, smiled, then told us to hold the game.

"Hold on guys, I have a surprise for Jasmine." I scrunched my forehead in confusion. I didn't need any surprises from Marcy, in fact, I still needed to confront that bitch about texting my man.
Everyone's faces looked confused! Not even a minute later and my heart sunk to the bottom of my chest.

*************
Vote+ comment

What do you think Marcy's gift is?