Chapter 21

Marcy's PoVI was seething with anger at watching Jasmine and Jaxon flirt on Instagram Live

Marcy's PoV
I was seething with anger at watching Jasmine and Jaxon flirt on Instagram Live. Seeing them disgusted me so much that I nearly threw up my breakfast. It didn't help that I'd been feeling nauseous today.

I couldn't take much more of their disgusting antics so I swiped out of the Instagram app and put my phone back into my purse. I stepped out of my car and strolled up to Jasmine's front door. Last night she called me asking me to come over today and talk. So here I was about to walk into the lions den.

I knocked a few times before Jasmine answered. I was told before hand that both Megan and Jaxon wouldn't be home.

When Jasmine opened the door, she didn't even greet me. She just looked at me with deadened eyes before stepping aside and allowing me to walk in. I found a seat on the living room couch.

Jasmine sat down in a loveseat across from me and didn't say anything to me right away. She just stared at me with her black eyes full of hatred. She looked like she was trying to read and understand me. I cleared my throat in order to indicate that I wanted this meeting to start soon. She finally spoke up.

"You must think I'm an idiot and that I don't know what you did to Darnell and Megan on Saturday night." She stated matter of factually. I can't help but grin.

"We both know that I do think you're an idiot but that's besides the point. I'm not sure if I know what you're talking about or insinuating."

"You drugged them." She was blunt and straight to the point. I raised an eyebrow at her statement. Inwardly I was smiling.

"Do you have proof?" I asked but she ignored me.

"I'm trying to figure out why? Why do that to them?" She looked genuinely confused.

"Again, I'm not sure how to answer a question that doesn't have anything to do with me." I said.

In actuality, I hated Jasmine. From the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew she was a threat. Past boyfriends would probably describe me as extremely territorial. Trying to keep Jaxon's focus on me has caused me so much stress over these last few weeks.

Never has it taken me this long to have a guy commit to me. I knew what I wanted and that was Jaxon. But I could tell he didn't want me in the same way that I craved and needed him.

And in all of this, the source of my pain and struggle in my relationship with Jaxon was all because of one person; Jasmine. I wanted Jasmine to feel the same intense pain that I've felt over these last few weeks. So...what's more heartbreaking than to see your boyfriend messing with your best friend? It was a perfect plan.