CHAPTER 49: Epilogue

Jasmine's POV

I laid my feet across Jaxon's lap as we both lounged on the couch together. Jaxon was currently massaging my swollen pregnant feet and I couldn't have been happier.

At this point, I was 36 weeks pregnant and I was feeling like a oompa loompa and ready to burst at any moment. I swore Jaxon's  massages were a little piece of heaven. One more month, one more month. I chanted silently to myself trying to give myself a must needed pep talk. I had to keep reminding myself that I was almost there.

Jaxon stopped rubbing my feet and leaned in to give me a chaste kiss on the lips.

"You're so beautiful." He stated randomly and I couldn't help but smile. He always knew the correct words to say to put a smile on my face. I loved that he complimented me so effortlessly even though I felt like a balloon. He patted my leg and encouraged me to get up.

"Go ahead and get dressed babe. Remember we're going to the movies tonight for out much needed date night." He reminded me and I couldn't help myself when I groaned miserably. Lately, getting dressed and out of the house was becoming a more and more annoying task these days. But for Jaxon? I would do anything. I sucked up my discomfort and got up. Especially because we hadn't been on a date night in a while and Jaxon had been insisting on seeing this new action movie for awhile now. Jaxon sensed my laziness and chuckled.

"Babe, it's iPic. I specifically chose this movie theater because it had the best reclining seats in town plus they provide seat service with blankets."

"Yeah I know

"Yeah I know." I said as I got up and waddled to our bedroom that we now shared. About two months ago, I moved out of my house with Megan and moved in with Jaxon after my lease ended.

I slowly took a shower and got dressed by throwing on some leggings and a loose fitting t-shirt. These days, all I cared about was feeling comfortable. He was lucky that I even added some lipgloss and eyeliner.

*An hour and a half later*

We finally made it into the theater and I immediately plopped down into the plush reclining seats. Yup, this was my kind of date night. The waiter came by to take our food order and soon after, Jaxon excused himself to go and use the bathroom. As he left, the lights dimmed which indicated that the movie trailers were about to begin. I reclined further back into my seat and got comfortable with the complimentary blanket the theater provided.

When it came to movie trailers, I always made it a point to arrive on time. I swore the trailers were just as important as the movie. It was all a part of the theater experience. If we missed the trailers, I would've preferred to leave and come back to watch a later movie. Was I ridiculous? Some would say yes.

I looked down at my phone to check the time. I noticed that Jaxon was taking far too long in the bathroom. But soon he became a distant memory as the familiar green movie trailer disclaimer appeared.