Diagnosis! My Bipolar Husband

I don't know what happened, but when I woke up I was in my bed.

How'd I gotten here. I don't remember walking up the steps.

But the memories of earlier started to flow back to me.

My thoughts hit me hard, reminding me of all he has done to me over the past years. After all he did to me I still managed to tell him I love him.

Whether or not he heard it, it doesn't matter anymore. Whenever I told him I loved him, he would laugh and look at me as if to say *are you for real?*, but as time passed by I stopped.

He never said those words to me. I used to tell myself that maybe he's afraid, until one day when he was punishing me he said "I never loved you. I only told you so because you acted like a spoilt brat and would bug me to say them back with your pathetic threats. I'll never love you".

After he said that, I told him "You watch and see. When I get out of here, a time will come when you'll realise what you've done and how much hurt you caused me when all I wanted to do was to love you no matter what"

Well, that earned me another beating. So bad, I felt like this was the moment I was finally gonna get put out of my misery.

I was wrong. I woke a few days later and life went on. It didn't stop, to give me a chance to think about all I've been through. It just kept on going.

Being in a situation as this makes you want to cry your soul out. You spend the days and nights thinking about the possible things you may have done wrong, landing you here.

It's hard, but you've got to push through if you truly want to make it out alive.

Being lost in my thoughts, I looked over to my other side and saw it empty.
Instinctively I placed my hand on his side, it was warm, meaning he woke up a while ago.

Was he gonna work today? He didn't yesterday. But he would have woken me to make his breakfast and lunch.

He probably decided he won't go. Afterall he's his own boss. Doesn't matter because it changes nothing.

Breathing in and out, I got up and walked to the bathroom. The door was opened and I walked in again lost in my thoughts, but I didn't know he was in here, not until I looked up and saw him quietly shaving his face.

He keeps the door closed whenever he's in there, so why not now. Did he deliberately left it opened to see if I'll knock before entering and barge right in, knowing very well that he would later punish me for this?

I hoped not. I was not ready to go through another. I've had enough and it was taking a great toll on me.

I needed to get out before I awakened the beast.

I was about to turn and head out when he spoke, "Stay!" It sounded more like he was pleading even though I couldn't see his face.

I stood there thinking to myself that maybe now was the time where he was going to kill me and leave my body in the tub, making it look as if I committed suicide.

That'll be perfect for him, and he knew just how to get away with anything.
After standing paralyzed, I turned around.

He was now washing his face.
He looked so peaceful, so handsome, so perfect. I wished he could be like this all the time instead of changing moods.

How could someone so beautiful be so cruel and heartless. But, you don't know everyone unless they decide to show their true colours to you.

I watched as he dried his face and then turned to look at me. His eyes were bright.
He looked so healthy compared to me; I was going to be nothing but skin and bones if he continued treating me the way he does.