Sorry? Never: Growth of New Beginnings

Was I sorry for burning the house down?
No, I wasn't and never will be. It was a hell hole I was waiting to get out of.

All that remains of the horrible memories are laying in ashes.

RIP my old life
HELLO new life.

Now that I'm out, its heaven and Paradise.
Nothing can take away all the awful memories: no amount of distractions would make a difference and help me forget it all as if it was some scary dream.

It wasn't. It was brutal. Its was slowly coming into resemblance of a serial killer scene. Unfortunately, I didn't wait around to find out.

Now I have a new life. My old life had held me down, no light was visible in that dark tunnel. All my fears and pains surrounded me.

How I survived was a miracle, having the strength to say that enough was enough. There was no running back. I didn't want to be reminded of it all, I had to escape far away. Escaping wouldn't make the pain disappear, but it surely was going to give me a new meaning to appreciate life.

My chance to be who I was meant to be is blooming. For so long I've been buried under the rubble, trapped and couldn't bare the weight of it all, until the light finally appeared showing me the way.

Finally, I touched down in Brazil. The air was refreshing. Closing my eyes I took it all in. Luckily for me I learnt Spanish, Portuguese and French throughout high school.

I loved the foreign languages and whenever my parents and I went on vacation, they always picked the Spanish or French countries, giving me the opportunity to reveal to them how much I've learnt and known so far. They were really proud of me.

I hate thinking of them, because it makes me miss them more, but I'll refrain from calling them for a while until I'm fully settled in. I don't want Michael to have any idea that I've contacted them if he wasn't convinced enough that I didn't die in the fire.

I could have started the fire soon after he left if I wanted the police to be after him, but I'm not so heartless. He needs to suffer in pain slowly, regret hanging on his shoulder, while being happy that I'm in his life no more.

Eventually he would move on and probably have kids with Natalie, living the luxurious life. I on the other hand, would be contented with all I've achieved, be it good or bad.

I didn't come here to cry and pity myself. I came here to grow, learn new things, reach new levels and face challenges I've never faced, thus conquering.

Most of all, I'm here to find true happiness, one that I was deprived of when I signed my life away to the devil himself.

I walked into one of the washrooms after being cleared of customs and decided to reveal the true me, the red head and leave the broken girl behind.

The baggages of my old life weren't needed here. It will only make me think about it and feel sad. That wasn't a need or want right now, here!.

I took off the wig, added my contacts, changed my outfit, applied light makeup leaving in nothing but a short shorts and an oversized shirt along with my sun shades.

There were several taxi around and I waved to one of them. I didn't decide where I wanted to stay, but soon enough I told the driver to take me to one of the less popular hotels away from the city.

I didn't want to make a huge appearance. I liked the simpler side of life, and better yet, no one knew of the amount of money I had on me, and I wasn't planning on getting robbed of any, anytime soon.

The drive was a peaceful one except for the radio that was playing some nice hip hop. I got lost in the scenery around me. The hills were well decorated with little houses, probably small villages.