i

Shouting and screaming were everywhere, like a melody placed and sung together. Every word thrown was bitter. The place seemed to be engulfed in harmonies of anger.

"Death to Wei Wuxian!"

"Death to the Yiling Patriarch!"

Amidst the chaos, stood a man in black robes. His bloodshot eyes stared coldly towards the mob in front of him. Their screams were deafening to the ears, and no matter how much the man wanted to reason with them, it never worked. Apparently nobody believes in his words.

He found himself standing in front of the mob. The position he was in had given him an advantage in identifying them. His eyes quickly found Jiang Cheng, elders of GusuLan, Jin Guangshan and so much more people he never bothered to know.

Witnessing this, he laughed. He found all of this very laughable. The ruckus around him slowed down, it slowly got restrained until the only thing heard was his own laughter. Men upon him let out confused gasps and mutters. Wei Wuxian held his own stomach, in an attempt to erase the hurting from laughing. He didn't care what they think about him, besides, everyone saw him as insane. So why not go for it, and become what they believe?

"Are you all really on a siege to capture the remaining people of the Wen clan?.. Or do you just want the seal?"

The men in front of him staggered backwards, surprised by his straightforwardness. Just in a second, murmurs filled the whole area. Some even grew agitated.
Seeing this, Wei Wuxian grinned, "Haha, your so-called 'justice' is about taking other's property isn't it..?!"

Anger quickly rose on their faces.

"You..! Shameless! Don't you know that what you're doing is going to destroy us all?!" A sharp voice broke through the murmurs, some nodding on his sentence.
Wei Wuxian recognized the man, his name is Su She. He really never bothered to know the man, but Su She was one of the most annoying person he had ever met, causing him to etch inside his mind. The man was kicked out of the GusuLan clan and decided to build his own, which was pathetic.
But many men didn't find him so. In fact, some of them even decided to join and become a disciple.

Wei Wuxian sighed, he had enough with their scoldings. "How can you be so sure about what is wrong and what is right? How can you differ between what's white and what's black?"

He calmly placed his dizi on his mouth. A shrill harmony quickly filled the whole area. Seeing this, the men rushed forward in an attempt to assassinate Wei Wuxian. But the earth cracked revealing living corpses. The once so brave cultivators were soon engulfed in fear upon the sight.

It went on for 2 hours, the battlefield turned to a mass grave. Dozens of people died, scattered in different places. The resentment energy was strong around them. Strong enough to be used as a weapon.
Wei Wuxian was amused. He remembered how fearless they were before he started playing. Now, they're just useless. He started playing the last melody needed to kill them all before a familiar voice called out.

"A-Xian! A-Cheng! Where are you all?"

The black haired man stopped his playing. His whole body tensed.

"Shijie, why.. Why are you in Burial Mounds..?!"

He cursed under his breath as he ran towards her. It was definitely no coincidence, a siege was going on and Jiang Yanli was in front of him, it wouldn't be a coincidence if someone had thought of this. At the time, he only has his dizi. All he could do was dodge the incoming attacks from cultivators and ensure none of the corpses go wild.
At the edge of his eye, he could see Jiang Cheng running towards her too. Except, he was further than where Wei Wuxian was.