vi

When Lan Xichen went home, almost instantly Wei Wuxian started working on his newest project. As if that the patriarch was desperate to find an answer behind the disappearance of Lan Wangji's emotions.

The truth is, he was truly desperate. He wanted Lan Wangji to be the same man like the teen he met on the rooftops of Cloud Recesses.

Wei Wuxian worked for a long time. He only stopped whenever it's meal time, but sometimes he finds himself skipping meals. Crumpled and half-written papers were sprawled across the floor. Books from the village's library were also scattered in different directions. It has been like this for 3 days.

"Wei Ying. Eat."

A voice broke off all silence and concentration he was in. His gaze found Lan Wangji's.

The raven smiled, "Ah.. I can't, maybe later! You and A-Yuan can eat first."

But both men knew that A-Yuan was the only one who is going to eat.

Lan Wangji nodded before placing plates of dishes for the boy, leaving the other in his work. It was a day worth of theorizing and calculating, but still, it felt like a whole eternity. Wei Wuxian drowned in the mountains of papers when he finally felt like his conciousness leave him. He was sleepy, yet he wasn't done.

__________

When the first night came, Lan Wangji found out that he didn't need sleep. It wasn't surprising, though. But it just feels so wrong not to follow Gusu Lan's sleep time. It was hard to not do something he was once so familiar with, something that was once a part of his life.

And this night was no different. Lan Wangji found himself unable to rest. He then found Wei Wuxian asleep on a pile of papers. His palm still stubbornly held a writing brush. The man in black was always restless, now he appeared so calm when asleep.

Lan Wangji walked closer to the other. "Wei Ying, it's better if you sleep on the bed." He said.

Incoherent mumblings came out of his parted lips. His eyes fluttered lazily, "No.. I need to finish this as soon.. As I can.."

"Wei Ying."

The patriarch had already propped himself in a sitting position, his conciousness seemed to be back a little. He rubbed his eyes as he spoke in a teasing tone, "Mmmh still no, unless you cuddle me in bed!" Wei Wuxian's lips curled up in a smile, creating a half moon with his eyes.
The second jade carried the other to a small simple bed near them. Wei Wuxian rested on his chest. A hand started to caress him, it stroked down his hair while the second jade started to plant small kisses on his head, earning giggles from the patriarch.

"Lan Zhan, I won't be able to sleep when you do this.."

But he did feel drowsy, his body was more tired than he thought he is. Still caressed by the other, the patriarch was quickly put to sleep.

__________

He dreamt that night, he dreamt about a memory he cherished very much. Wei Wuxian had found himself in the body of a teen. The moon was up high that night. In his hands were two jars of Emperor's Smile, the jars were beautifully crafted.

He climbed one of the walls. His eyes were searching for anyone, when the coast was clear, Wei Wuxian was about to jump. That was, before a voice rung through his ears.

"Venturing out at night is prohibited."

The voice had startled the raven so much until he nearly fell down. The boy found a stern gaze of a teen clothed in fully white. Oh how unlucky he is! The are so many ways that this scenario can play out, yet he still found himself face-to-face with the esteemed second jade.