ii

Wei Wuxian ran down from Burial Mounds as fast as he could. His hand was still on Lan Wangji's waist, while his other one held A-Yuan as firm as possible. It took nearly all energy he can muster to reach the bottom of the mountain. He was panting, hard. His feet felt battered and bloody under his shoes, and his lungs was burning. The black haired man was losing hope at this point.
Thankfully enough, he had done enough damage towards participants of the siege earlier, enough to say that the cultivation world has been wounded today. It would be impossible for the sects to run after them.

The man quickly used a desolate route to get out of Yiling. They stopped once in a while to replenish energy, every time they stopped it felt like hours have passed.

"Xian-gege, Xian-gege, why is brother rich sleeping?" A question broke through the silence they have been enveloped in. Wei Wuxian felt like his heart sunk deeper.

He swallowed the lump in his throat, "Hm..? A-Yuan, you see, he's just having a nice and long nap! He is dreaming about us..."

A-Yuan smiled, "Then I hope brother rich will wake up and tell us everything he dreamt of!"

It hurts.

His chest hurts so badly whenever he sees the second jade. Lan Wangji isn't beaming with warmth like he used to. Maybe Wei Wuxian can never see those pair of ethereal golden eyes filled with life anymore. He sighed as they continued their walk. The black haired man held Lan Wangji's corpse as gentle as possible, like he was dealing with a fragile thing. He didn't want to break him any further.

Wei Wuxian had one destination in mind, a small cottage he built in Xingshan. He once built it just in case any emergency happens, the man wasn't expecting it to happen now, though. Xingshan was a remote area outside Yiling, far enough to get out of the radar of other sects. The place was the only hope he had left.

__________

They arrived after four hours. It was a slow journey and it had wasted nearly all their strength. Even if it's clumsily made, the cottage was quite convenient in a rush they were in. Wei Wuxian had placed A-Yuan to sleep when he started to inspect Lan Wangji. His right palm glided on the jade's wound. The blood had started to dry, leaving an foul stench that didn't suit him at all. Even in death, Lan Wangji looked so peaceful. The man was truly an celestial among others.

The black haired man couldn't take it anymore, a single tear drifted down his cheek. Once the first tear had broken through, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. He sat down as his arms cradled Lan Wangji, letting his head rest on his shoulder. Wei Wuxian cried until he couldn't. He cried until his tears went dry, until his eyes had swollen from all the pain.

"Lan Zhan.. Will you forgive me, if I revived you..?" he croaked out in the middle of his sniffles.

Lan Wangji's golden core was more powerful that Wen Ning's. His spiritual energy was also one of the best. It definitely was possible to revive him. The current question is, is it immoral..?

He silently laid Lan Wangji on an empty bed. His hands work diligently on putting the second jade in the most comfortable position, he had also cleaned off all dry blood on the snow white robe. He couldn't bring it back to its original colors, but it was enough. The man then continued working on the next part. Wei Wuxian decided to restraint his legs and his arms with talismans, he slit his palm with a little dagger to get blood. The ritual was the same with what he did with Wen Ning, perhaps this time he can do it without any complications.

He then begun to work on an array around Lan Wangji, it served as a protection against the outer world. Due to crying, he wasn't focusing like he normally did. That got him to re-do the array many times. He hadn't got any rest when dawn arrived. The faint glow of the sun seeped through the cottage, indicating that it was nearly 5 in the morning.