CHAPTER 16: Rowan

It seemed as though it took forever to get back home because I had to switch planes while halfway there and then finally I got back and just called a cab to come and take me home.

The moment we arrived, I quickly grabbed my bag then started to quickly make my way into the house and right away was greeted by Bolton.

"Thank god." He says.

"What happened?!" I demanded.

"Well, Melody was trying to make you a nice romantic dinner and while cooking, Anton..." He started but stopped.

"Anton what?!" I demanded.

"Anton tried assaulting her. He even hit her." He tells me.

At first I am taken a little bit back because I can't believe that Anton would ever do something like that. There was no way he would ever do that to me. Was he drunk?

"Was he drunk or something?" I asked hoping that there was a reason. Bolton's answer determined the type of punishment and the severity of it.

"No man. He was sober. And if it wasn't for me and Marlon to come back inside here as we waited outside until we heard your plane landed, who knows. Marlon has beaten him pretty badly." He tells me.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He's in the basement. He's tied down to one of the chairs and waiting for you." He tells me.

"Good! Cause I plan to teach him a fucking lesson he won't forget." I tell him.

"And she's upstairs in her bedroom. She immediately took a shower and I don't know if she's asleep or not but..." He states.

"That's alright. I'll check on her in a minute but before I see her, I need to speak with Anton." I tell him with clenched fists and cracking my knuckles then removing my jacket.

We start making our way downstairs into the basement and sitting right there in the middle of the freezing concreted dark and dreary basement, tied down on a chair all bloodied up and beaten up. Marlon along with a couple of other guys are watching him.

I don't even know who I'm looking at anymore. Because as far as I'm concerned, this is not the guy I knew all these years that I never had any reason to never trust him. This can't seriously be happening.

"Man." Anton laughs a little to himself before spitting some blood out of his mouth to me.

I look at Marlon while trying to calm myself down before I explode and start throwing punches at him along with the other guys then look back at him.

"Why?" I ask through clenched teeth.

"What are you talking about? Don't you want to hear my side of the story?" He scowls at me.

"Alright. What's YOUR side." I ask while standing there at a stance with my arms crossed over my chest, glaring at him as he begins trying to explain.

The reason I did this was because I can tell when he's lying and want to see if he has the balls to lie to my face.

"She was trying to make you some romantic type of a dinner and I thought I'd help her out and she agreed then one thing lead to another and she started throwing herself at me....." He stops as soon as Marlon interrupts him.

"That's fucking bullshit and you know it!" Marlon spits out.

"Enough!" I shout while holding up my hand.

I next look at one of the main guys I use to torture people for me who happens to be standing off to the side looking at Anton with just as much disgust as the rest of us are - including myself.

"Lankin, remind Anton about what happens to those that betray me. Then dump him somewhere far away and call my father to let him know what happened and see if he himself has any ideas as to what to do with him." I tell him.

"Yes boss." Lankin replies.

"Typical Rowan. Always making other people do his dirty work. Why can't you fucking do it?!" He taunts.

I stop right before stepping onto the first step of the stairs as soon as he started talking back at me.

I then turn around and grin at him while starting to roll up my sleeves.

"Boss?" Lankin says.

"I'm gonna start this off, then you can finish him." I smirk.

I knew that Anton was trying to call my bluff when in all honesty, I was wanting to check on Melody but didn't matter now. So I thought I would start the lessons and the look he gave me was of pure fear. Which he should be very afraid right now.

I grab my brass knuckles out of my pocket that I always carry with me just in case then grabbed him by the collar to look at me and he started already begging for me to reconsider but nobody betrays me. Nobody fucking touches what's mine.

**********

It took me a good long hour to start off the punishment and throughout the entire time he continued taunting me more until I finally was over it and stopped.

I had badly beaten him nearly to death and was honestly in shock at seeing what I had just done to who I thought was my best friend.

I felt disgusted as my hands were now covered in his blood along with some splatter of it on my shirt also.

Next I had everybody leave to bed because since Anton was passed out from all the beatings, I knew he wouldn't be up for a very long time. So I had everyone go upstairs and head off to bed and mentioned I would talk with them in the morning.

I started making my way up the stairs and while walking towards my room I of course stopped by Melody's bedroom first and noticed her bedroom door had been slightly ajar and when I opened it a little more, I saw she was asleep in her gown on the bed facing the window.

In that moment I began thinking what Bolton told me earlier and Anton before I beat the living shit out of him. Did she really try and make me a romantic and nice dinner?

I then gently and quietly started closing the door before taking a shower and heading off to bed myself.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)