CHAPTER 25: Melody

Why would he have ever suggested such a horrible thing?! I wasn't meaning that I wanted to leave him.

So I quickly get up and run out the door to stop him from leaving and I notice he has already headed out towards his car.

I run past everybody and run up to him and turn him around to look at me and toss the piece of paper at him.

"What the hell is this?! When did I ever say that I wanted a divorce?! Oh, that's right...NEVER! So take this paper and shove it because you know what? If this is how it's going to be every time I tell you how I feel, then this definitely won't work! Giving me this paper is telling me that you personally want this!" I snapped at him.

"I'm sorry I gave it to you! I thought I was doing YOUR ass a favor and a way out of all this! I thought you would want a better life than this and even fucking deserved a better life! Sorry if you took it the wrong way but I was just trying to be nice!" He fires back at me.

We both stand there for a moment, looking at each other and then I finally take in a deep breath.

"If I wanted to leave I would have already, trust me. Even though I would have nobody to go to or nowhere to go, I would have left. But I don't want to. And I can't believe I am going to say this, but I have fallen for you truly and despite the lifestyle and the dangers that come along with it, I still am not wanting to leave." I tell him trying to fight back tears. "I mean, did you really think it would be better for me if you left me? Did you not hear what I mentioned before you left? What would happen to me emotionally after we got a divorce?!" I let out the tears. "Why would you...." I tried to continue ranting but he took hold of my face and slammed his lips onto me.

I tried pushing him off of me because kissing me right now wasn't going to make things better but he held my hands so I couldn't do anything. So I gave in after a couple moments and kissed him back.

When we stopped and pulled each other's heads apart to take a breath, he looked into my eyes and began wiping the tears away.

"I am so sorry. I guess I wasn't thinking. Just hearing you cry and going through everything you have been on account of me mostly, I just, I don't know. I really believed that me handing you the papers would be better." He confesses.

I next take hold of his head and try to reassure him I love him.

"I honestly and truly love you." I start telling him. "I know that it will take time to get use to all of this but, as long as you are always here for me, I know I'll be okay." I tell him.

"I swear I don't deserve you." He says pressing his forehead against mine.

"That's true." I try and make a joke which works for a brief moment.

"I promise you that from this moment on, I will do whatever it takes to make sure you are happy." He promises me with a smile.

"Good." I smile back at him.

We kiss each other again and then Marlon comes walking out towards us.

"Hey boss?!" He says.

"Yeah?" Rowan says as he turns his head and looks at him.

"Sorry to interrupt, but you have a phone call." He mentions.

"Alright." Rowan nods his head before Marlon heads back inside and Rowan looks back at me. "I'm sorry. I've been expecting this call and need to take it." He tells me.

"I know. Business." I smiled.

"Yes. But why don't you come and sit in on it?!  If you really want to be part of this life, I want you to get used to some things." He tells me.

"Alright." I smiled in agreement.

So we headed inside the house and into his office where he took the call. Although I wasn't sure in what he was talking about or who it was really, I have to admit, listening and watching him take charge and act like a boss was a little bit of a turn on.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)