CHAPTER 29: Melody

I had no clue what was going to happen. After knocking out all of Rowan's guys including Rowan along with killing some of them while the others were just badly beaten, I thought that this was it. This was how I was going to die. 

There was nothing but silence as I sat a few feet from Rowan's father as his driver took us somewhere and the car ride was silent and awkward. It was nearly impossible not to be freaked out or nervous. 

We finally arrived at this big mansion that happened to not be around anything or anyone it looked like. I bet it was purposely like that so that nobody could hear the yells and screams from the people he tortured and killed. 

He grabbed my arm tightly and began pulling me into the house while I noticed as I heard a few more cars pull up and people started getting out, I saw several men drag out Rowan and the rest of them then started taking them out to what looked to be a type of shed. 

I wasn't able to see much though because I felt myself nearly trip over the threshold of the front door and when inside, I began trying to think of ways to escape and get out of here. This was like a movie. 

Next I felt myself being dragged towards the couch in the living room right there and thrown onto the couch. 

"Go ahead and tie her wrists together as well as her ankles." Rowan's father tells one of his men. 

A couple of them come over and right away I try and struggle by kicking, screaming and flailing my arms all over to fight them off but it was of no use as one of them then hit me hard on the side of my face. 

"Let me go!" I screamed. 

"I wouldn't make things harder than they need to be." His father warns me. 

"Why should I trust you?! You killed my father, are going to kill your son and his friends along with me. You're a cold-hearted murderer." I tell him with disgust. 

"Why thank you." He smiles. 

Next the guys then hurry and zip tie my wrists together behind my back and then rope tie my ankles together before then sitting me back up onto the couch. 

"What is it that you want?!" I ask. 

"I'll give you a break on the fact your father did keep several things from you such as the deal he made with me. But turns out, that your father, he actually took something from me many years ago. Which is why I went to pay him a visit at the hotel the other day." He smirks. 

"Whatever it is, take it. Rather it's the house, money or..." I began to ramble and go off naming anything I would think he would be referring to until he stops me. 

"You think I'd want your shitty little house or anything along those lines?!" He asks with a cocked eyebrow at me. 

"Then what could it be?" I asked. "What could my father have ever possibly taken from you to make you want to do all this?!"

"There was a specific artifact that he kept and inside of it was a very important flash drive that he threatened a couple days before he died that he would give it to the CIA and FBI. On it had information about a certain 'business' transaction that he saw me do a few years back that could very well put me away for the rest of my life along with many of my good friends." He says. 

"I don't know where it is. He never told me or showed me any artifact or even mention a flash drive." I start to tell him. "If he has something like that then I would think he kept it either in the house somewhere or on him." I suggested. 

He looked at his men and then back at me as they all began to chuckle deeply. 

"It's adorable as to how both naive and pathetic you are." He insults. 

"I'm not the one who kills people and betrays my own family on account of just to make money. So as far as being 'pathetic', I think the only person in this room that fits that criteria is you." I tell him. 

"My son is no different than I am. Soon you will learn about respecting ones like me and learn quickly in what it takes to be a Mafia King's wife." He states. 

"Your son is nothing like you. He's more of a man than you'll ever be and that's something you can't stand. You have wasted most if not ALL of your time trying to build him up and mold him into another you but, see one of the big differences is that he loves me enough to never hurt me or get me killed." I mention. 

Right as soon as I say that, I can tell it hit a nerve as he begins clenching his fists tightly together and glares at me then right when I see him start to reach in his pocket to I'm sure, pull out his gun and shoot me with it, there was yelling and shouting along with gunfire beginning to go on outside. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)