Saturday 17th November 2007

By the following week on Saturday, Harry had been for six more runs (which had absolutely nothing to do at all with what Anthony called 'an impulse for propagation' and the fear of getting naked in front of anyone), had a three more training sessions with Draco, and had popped in for a cup of tea with Mione on Friday after he'd collected Teddy from school (no cake though, thank you).

Mione had raised an eyebrow at that, 'but you love Ron's cakes, he'll be upset.'

'I'm just a bit conscious of my waistline at the moment,' he mumbled, embarrassed.

'You not exactly overweight, Harry!'

'No, I just want to tone up again, you know, like I was when I was training...'

'Who've you met?' she asked.

'What? No one. I just...' he said indignantly.

Both her eyebrows were raised and she cocked her head to one side, waiting.

'Draco,' he mumbled.

'Draco Malfoy?' she exclaimed.

'Do you know any other Dracos?'

'Well, no. I'm just surprised. I mean, surprised you've bumped into him again. But it certainly makes sense as to why you're suddenly being all self-conscious about yourself and have dropped in for a cup of tea on a day that's outside your normal boringly-steadfast routine.'

'What do you mean "boringly steadfast"?' that smarted.

'You know exactly what I mean. You left school, left Auror training, and grew old immediately, I know it was partly circumstances, but you just stopped chasing adventures and doing anything impulsive. You only ever come over for a cup of tea on Thursdays and it's Friday today.'

'I've had Teddy to think about,' he said slightly defensively.

'Yes, and you also got scared about your sexuality and took on the responsibility of Andromeda, and then went back to university and took a sensible and safe job and pursued a career. It's all very admirable, Harry. But you've been running away from life and quashing your true nature for too long. There's a sparkle in your eye again. It's good.'

'Anthony reckons Draco's feelings for me haven't gone away.'

'Anthony? Oh, you mean the Phrenology Bust that Ron gave you? You've still got it?'

'Yes, we've sort of become friends.'

Mione raised her eyebrows again, 'you've become friends with a ceramic head and discuss your love-life with it? Harry, your life needs a serious shake up.'

'I've been quite happy with my life up until the last five minutes, thank you very much.'

'I think I need to have a word with Ginny,' Mione sighed.

'Don't you dare,' he exclaimed, mortified.

'First you need a wardrobe re-vamp, less of the university professor look, thank goodness you've not resorted to tan corduroy trousers yet.'

'I...'

'Harry! You haven't?'

'Well...'

'They're going to charity, this instance! Come on. I'm going to Floo Ginny and then we're going to do some serious work on your wardrobe. You can't woo Draco looking like a sixty-year-old scruffy professor from the 1970s.'

'I'm not wooing Draco and I need to get Teddy home for his tea.' Harry ran a hand through his hair, making it stand on end.

'He can stay here with Ron until we'll get back. Ron'll give him his supper so you don't need to worry. You know he'll be quite happy with Rose.'