12. A new place

☆°~♡~°☆

☆°~♡~°☆

Leon POV

☆°~♡~°☆

I leaned my arm against the car window. 

(Y/N) sighed as they chipped at the red nail polish on their fingernails. 

We both received special training from a secret organisation working directly under the control of the president. 

We were to assume the responsibility of protecting the new president's family.

(Y/N) turned to me in the silent car as the two men drove,

"Are you still planning on taking me to that fancy restaurant of yours?" 

They joked quietly, 

They weren't as shy as they were when we first met, but they had their moments when they would get flustered or become quiet.

I smiled,

"I'm still surprised that after six years you've never been to Lupa!"

I joked back, 

"Heh, can you blame me? I only really left the house for groceries and when you dragged me outside."

They chuckled and I smiled at them, about to continue the banter when the man driving said,

"Come on man, why am I always the one that gets the short end of the stick?" 

The man in the passenger seat turned to face the two of us,

"Yo, who are you two really? Come on and tell us." 

The guy said

I shared a look with (Y/N) but we didn't say anything. 

The guy turned around again, looking from me to (Y/N).

"You guys are a long way from home. You have my sympathies."

The guy finished.

"Well I guess that's the locals' way of breaking the ice."

I joked and (Y/N) smiled.

"Anyway you know what this is about, our assignment is to search for the president's missing daughter."

"Just the two of you? Ha!" 

The passenger guy laughed, 

"I'm sure you two boys didn't just tag along so we could all sing Kumbaya together at some boy-scout campfire."

(Y/N) said, again they weren't so shy anymore. 

I guess I rubbed off on them after these past years. 

"Then again... maybe you did." 

They finished off and I couldn't help but grin.

"Ah you are crazy Americans. It's a direct order from the chief himself. I'm telling you it's no picnic."