-Chapter 6-

I am pissed. I am so fucking mad. What the hell. How dare he allow these people in his home around his kids. I am upset that he didn't step up, I am upset that he didn't come to not only mine but Mikos defense. It makes me sad to think he would allow this.

"What the fuck Stefano?!" At this point I had Mikos go to his room and Eli was with Ziah.

"What do you want me to say Zora?" He is clearly upset he has this vain in his forehead that's bulging, very distracting.

"You let him speak to Mikos like that, to me like that." I told him. He ran his fingers though his hair.

"Look I'm sorry Zora but those guys are my business." What the fuck, what business carries guns around.

"What are you talking about, those men don't control you Stefano." I was worried of what type of power these guys have in Stefanos life.

"Zora, those guys are dangerous, they determine my life." Stefano was red in the face and he had thrown off his jacket.

"What are you talking about!" I don't understand what he's trying to say all hes doing is pissing me off. He looked up at me with a hard gaze, he stalked toward me, our noses almost touching. 

"I'm in the Italian Mafia Zora. I am not in control of my life. I know you are upset, but you don't understand how much power is over me." My face softened as tears collected in Stefanos eyes. He really is in the Mafia. Oh my god. If Mama could see me now. 

He was dangerous but he was also in danger. I didn't realize how helpless he was. His bitterness and anger faded away and I saw, fear?

"Stefano, why didn't you tell me?" I grabbed his hand pulling between us.

"What would you be able to do? Zora you're a strong woman but the Mafia is dangerous and cruel, I've done so many things that haunt me, I haven't slept in a week Zora. I don't know how much longer I can do this." I started to see the wall around him crumble. I wrapped him in my arms and I felt him shutter. 

"It's okay, its okay. breathe." I ran my fingers through his dark hair. His tense muscles seem to melt under my touch. 

I led him to the couch and we both sat down.

"Daddy, are you okay?" I turned to see Mikos head popped out around the corner of the living room.

"Daddy's not feeling well Mikos, is it okay if we have an indoor picnic?" I asked Mikos as he came over to us.

"Yay, that'll be fun can we watch toy story?" My heart ached for Mikos innocent life.

"Of course, can you find Ziah." His little legs ran off the find Ziah.

Ziah came in and saw Stefano, her face turned to worry.

"Hey Ziah, could you set up the picnic for Mikos and help put in a movie?" She nodded and did so. Mikos sat on the floor munching on cheese-its while craning his neck to look at the Tv, Eli was in a bassinet next to Mikos asleep. Stefano and I sat on the couch his head in my lap while he laid down. I ran my fingers through his hair massaging his scalp. 

"Go to sleep Stefano, it's okay." I watched his eyes fighting to stay open until they finally closed.

My heart cried out for this damaged man. I now know my place in this little broken family. i would never allow anybody to mess with my family ever again. 

Hey guys, thanks for being patient with me and the updates

Hey guys, thanks for being patient with me and the updates. So, opinions on this kinda short chapter? Thanks for reading.