III.

Chapter 3: Walking Ft. The Nun

This chapter is dedicated to IceSkatingIsLife0  for making this wonderful cover! Thank you for the sweet message! You literally made my day💚

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

Have you ever experienced walking alone in a dark street with nothing but two grocery bags in hand?

Wether you have or not, let me tell you that it freaking sucks.

"Ellie! Wake up! It's 5:30 and Nana Charlotte will be expecting you at 6 to do the chores!" My mother continued to do a series of pounding on my door

I let out a sleepy groan, moving my body to a sitting position but my head had other plans and was was hanging limply as I tried to doze off again.

After our talk earlier, I decided to take a nap that somehow ended up to a complete hibernation with a few failed attempts to wake up every time my alarm rang.

Ark was right, this snooze off habits are not gonna help me in the long run.

Nana Charlotte is a 63 year old lady who was my baby sitter ever since I was kid. She lived a few houses down the corner of our street and was the one who took care of me when my mom had errands to do.

My mom then came in through my bedroom door like a wrecking ball with determination in her eyes.

"Ellie! Get your non-existing ass off the freaking bed now!" My mother scolded me, taking a hold of my arm before pulling me out of bed.

Considering I was half-awake, I came tumbling out of bed and landed myself on the floor with a loud thud from the force of her pull.

"Why do you have to bring my ass into this? I'm up!" I grumbled sleepily, pulling my hand from her grasp and standing up.

"Don't give me that attitude unless you want to become an orphan. Go change," Mom glared playfully, walking out of the door.

I rolled my eyes, heading straight to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I then changed into a tank top that says 'I like cucumbers' and shorts with my flip flops; tying my hair into a messy bun and headed downstairs.

"Mom, I'm gonna go now! I love you!" I called out, not bothering to wait for a reply and went out.

Nana Charlotte had a simple house. It was sad to think that she lives alone in it after her husband passed away from a car accident a few years ago; they hadn't been able to concieve either.

Nana Charlotte was a baker and my passion for eating cookies started with her. Sadly, I sucked at baking and did my best to stay away from her whenever she bakes.