XLVIII.

Chapter 48: What is love?

👑Alec's P.O.V

I felt completely confused.

I wasn't sure wether I was more hurt that Ellie believed she had to lied just to protect me or was more hurt at the fact that Valentino and Annie was behind all of these.

I was mad because Ellie lied but partially I was really mad at the fact that she didn't give me a chance to protect her. I felt guilty because I promised to protect her and yet I failed her again.

Since I was a child, all I ever did was fuck up things. It was probably why they both left me, I don't fucking deserve to have them.

Anger and Pain always come in pair, you wouldn't be mad if you weren't in pain and you can't get mad and not get affected.

The fact that Valentino was behind all of this made everything more painful. Val and I had been friends for so long. He was my first friend and had been my rock through all the shit that I've been through. I really don't know what I did for him to betray me like this.

Annie is the same, I've been there for her and vice versa. We already talked it out though, her feelings about me and I though it was okay. It turns out girls can turn crazy when it comes to their feelings.

The salty breeze managed to calm me down and brought a sense of peace in me. The color of sea looked beautiful from above here and it reminded me of a certain someone.

Fuck, I've gotten soft.

I felt my heart agree instantly and it didn't bother me. Ellie Haven's face displayed itself on my mind like a beautiful painting.

She's honestly the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen.

I like the way her ombre hair makes her pale blue eyes pop out even more, I like the fact that I can drown in her eyes yet feel at peace. I like how her skin was pale to the point that I can easily see her cheeks redden when I give her cheeky remark. I like the way her lips looked sinfully red and gladly kiss it all day.

Despite her skinny figure, I like how her chest lacks a few numbers or how cute her ass looked in every jean, short, sweatpants, or leggings she wear and of course, let's not forget about her golden personality. I love how she stands firm in something she believes in. I love how understanding she can get or how she can meet me head on. I love how strong and determined she is in every situation thrown at her and I absolutely love how she doesn't give up easily.

I love everything that makes her the Ellie Haven that I know.

Does this mean that I love her?

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I look away from the view to see Jayden and Hayden, their expression worried.

"Hey."Jayden muttered, quickly sitting down next to my side while Hayden does on the other.

This cliff was where I bought Ellie on our last date, this was the guys and I thinking place. This place hold so many memories and I knew bringing Ellie here on a date would be something that I'll treasure too.

We discovered it a few years back when we went on a camp and ended up stuck for like 3 days because traitor got the map mixed up.

I let a sigh, nodding my head as a greeting. I was beating myself up too for making Ellie cry, it makes me angry that I was the cause for that.