XL.

Chapter 40: Comfort

A/N: Another update cookies! I hope you like it and stay safe! I love youu💚

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

Have you ever been haunted by your very own thoughts?

When you're so sleepy but your mind just keeps popping up with thoughts and you try to imagine a dark pit but then something pops up again and you're back to square one.

I'm a thinker and most women let their mind run free but the mental toll it does is really extremely exhausting.

I could still feel my heart beating erratically, the dream from a few hours ago kept replaying in my mind.

Not only did my thoughts prevent me from sleeping but my fear of getting kidnapped again was evident.

I'm having a post kidnap-trauma. Yeah, let's call it that.

I rubbed my feet gently against the comfy comforter, liking the way it felt on my skin. I could feel Alec's shirt lifting up but it didn't faze me considering I was the only on here in bed.

Yeah, Alec didn't sleep next to me. He asked me but I told him that I just need some alone time when it truth, its because I want to think things through.

Annie and Valentino were the traitor. Annie is obsessively in love with Alec while Valentino wants to get rid of Alec because of his jealousy.

Does Annie even know his true motives? Could Valentino really betray his pack of skittles just because of his jealousy?

This is the reality that I'm facing right now and I couldn't help but feel frustrated at the burden of knowing it.

Should I tell Alec? Should I not tell Alec? What if doesn't believe me? What would he do? Would he sit in the corner become gloomy or would he pull away again and do everything by himself?

I sighed, shifting my head to the left and stared at the blank wall. My face was throbbing and my eyelids felt like they were gonna fall off any second now.

I could feel the sting of tears in my eyes, feeling conflicted on what I should really do.

The right thing to do is tell Alec the truth but the part of me that cares for him doesn't want to hurt him but if I don't tell the truth, he'd still end up getting hurt.

I sniffled, wiping the tears that started to slide down on my cheeks. I tried to keep my sobs down, not wanting to wake anyone up.

Why did it have to Annie and Valentino? Why would they do this? They were my friends and I trusted them, genuinely and with all my heart.

My heart clenched painfully in my chest, burying my face into the pillow as I cried. I was so caught in pouring my feelings out that I didn't notice someone crouching in front of me.

I let out a startled gasp, my teary eyes meeting the familiar dark obsidian eyes of Chase Devion.

"I'm sorry, did my cries wake you up?" I mumbled, pushing myself up to rest on the headrest.

Chase sat at the edge of the bed, his eyes somehow saddened. He raised his hand up and I tried not to flinch, feeling him wipe my tears with the pad of his fingers.

"Why are you crying red?" He asked softly, his gaze worried.

I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear, looking down at my hands."I'm caught up in making a decision." I replied.