Chapter Nineteen

Hi! Kindly support with your Vote to get this story out there❤ Click on that star below your screen before you start reading😌

Thanks... Nora.
_

Chapter Nineteen

COLBY

Confessions 

Yes, I never thought a moment would come when I'd have to ask a girl to be my girlfriend, tell a girl I liked her, or even ask someone to go to the prom with me. I mean, I've seen a lot of highschool movies where the male lead does elaborate things to ask a girl to go to the prom with them. I always thought it was too extra... I mean, it's just one night, you can as well just go to her and be like, 'oh hey, it wouldn't be too much trouble for you to accompany me to the prom, would it?' That's way easier than making a grand gesture.... Right?

You must probably be wondering why I'm thinking about this, right? Well, for some reasons, I got to school today and all I could see was guys going out of their ways to ask their girlfriends to prom and stuff. 

I guess the date had been sort of shifted, since it was so sudden... I really didn't know cause I was yet to see Dany. 

Speaking of Dany... I still didn't know the status of our relationship, and I didn't know if she'd want to go to the prom with me, or if I'd have to do what these other guys are doing. 

I suppressed a groan. If there was a thing I didn't really like very much, I'd pick confusion. I hate being confused cause it's so frustrating and I really do not like getting frustrated. 

Even as I stood in front of my locker, watching students move by with red balloons, gift cards, sweets, and other gifts and stuff, I was torn between thoughts. 

There was no way my Mom and Dad would let me miss this, so that rules out any excuse I can possibly come up with in order to stay home. 

If there was anybody I wanted to go with, it'd be Dany, cause... Well, who else?" 

"Hey Col!" 

I blinked, snapping out of my thoughts. "Hey Mandy." I said with a smile. 

"Two things, I have two things to say to you." She grinned. 

"Yeah?" I smiled. "What's up?" 

"Firstly, I wanted to thank you with every bit of my heart for listening to me the other day I talked to you about my life... Honestly, just talking to you made it really easy to confront my parents about this." 

I raised my brows. "Whoa, you talked to them?" 

She nodded eagerly. "Yes, and they got really mad and they told me I was disrespectful and ungrateful... But you know what?" 

"What?" 

"I didn't care, it's my life not theirs and I think I should be able to speak for myself. They've had their lives and they’re living it the way they want to. So why can't I? I've decided that I'm not gonna let them dictate my life for me anymore." 

I managed a smile. "That is great, Mandy." 

"Yeah it really is. I feel like my own person now, and for the first time in my entire life, I feel like I'm living."