Video Games (11th Doctor)

"What?!" I say while keeping me eyes on the screen.

"Yeah!" screamed the Doctor back to me.

"Just... one more...move and... HA! GOT YOU!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

The Doctor dropped the controller in defeat.

"Wait, so you were telling me that you're 900 years old, and you've never played any video games, EVER?!" I said in shock.

The Doctor just said to me, while we were playing, this awful confession. None of his previous companion ever played a video game with him or made him discover the joy of playing!

"Yeah, and what should I do about it! You know, saving planets and galaxies didn't leave me the time to play like you could!" the Doctor said in defence.

"Well, I guess I should play more games with you then, so you would know a ton of video games by tomorrow!"

"I thought it was a day-off! Not a day where you teach me about these electronic-human-stuff-they-do-for-fun, or so it's called."

"Video games!" I shouted playfully.

Today, the Doctor and I decided to take a day off by my apartment, since we both had a difficult week in space and time. First, we went in 5th century BC, because a temporal fault made Sontarians come on Earth, and a war was just about to begin between Sontarians and Greeks. The next day, as we were on a tiny planet for tourism, the Doctor and I nearly were killed because of a misunderstanding. The third day, we were on a spaceship for a cruise, but the systems were hacked and the spaceship was going to crash, so the Doctor saved it. And, finally, the fourth day, the Doctor called me on an undercover mission on Raxacoricofalapatorius. But we were soon undercover and the Slitheens wanted to kill us.

And now was the fifth day. We were on the TARDIS, the Doctor asking where to next, when I proposed him to just go to my apartment to rest for the day.

So, we are playing Super Smash Bros. right now, and I just discovered in greatly shock and outrage that never in his 900 years the Doctor has ever played any video game.

"Since we've played a RPG, and now a fighting game, I'll show you a special kind of management game."

"What's that?"

"You'll see. It's a very peaceful game, but you will play it alone, since there's not a cooperative mode on this one." I said while launching Animal Crossing on my game console for the Doctor to play it.

"So basically, you're a human in a world of animals. You'll have your own desert island, and you have to make it gr-..."

"OH MY- WHAT? IT'S SO CUTE! Y/N, LOOK AT THEIR TINY PAWS!"

"Haha, yeah, I-..."

"AND THIS ONE HAS HIS LITTLE FISHING ROD IN HIS LITTLE PAWS!"

He instantly started the game, without ever leaving the screen of his eyes. I decided to let him play alone, while I was making hot chocolate for the both of us. When I came back, the Doctor had sparks all over his eyes. Well, I guess I chose the right game for him to play right now.

I was watching him play, seeing him lost sometimes between all the controllers. But for a beginner, I should admit, he was pretty good.

But the thing he loved the most was talking to the habitants of the island. He kept pressing the A button to talk to them continuously. I had to explain him that right now, his purpose was to develop his island.

"It's like... It's like you found a brand new planet, with no one living here, and so your purpose is to make it attractive, so people will come, and merchants will come too!"