Sleep well (2/2)

“Hùpnosmir is a graveyard and you violated its peace. You shall deserve the same fate as the people who rest on Hùpnosmir” were the word I heard when everything went dark. The voice was very low and serious.

A feeling of falling into the void took my whole body. I was falling into a deep pit, and it wouldn’t end. I also felt alone, so alone. Where was my Doctor? As he been sleeping too? Has he heard the voice?

I kept falling, falling, falling. Is it what death felt like? If it’s a graveyard, then they should be dead. And if we shall have the same fate as people in a graveyard, we should die, right?

Anxiousness took me. I was still falling, I could sense it. But I was so anxious. What happened? And what about the Doctor? I was so afraid! I hear nothing and feel nothing but the void all around me – and inside me.

Little by little, my anxiety went away. I started feeling nothing. Now I was just falling into the void, or emptiness.

I was waiting now. I was waiting.

I couldn’t think anymore. Where did my brain go? Am I dead now?

Y/N.”

Someone called my name. what should I do? Can I respond?

“Where am I?”

Take my hand.”

“But I can’t.”

Trust me.”

I couldn’t feel anything. But I can try to think of it. There is nothing and certainly no one around me, I am so very alone. But I think about a hand in mine. I try to open my eyes.

All I could see was emptiness. I was falling – or floating? – and there was no end, neither a start. Everything was dark. I couldn’t move. Thinking of taking a hand isn’t enough, I have to take it.

I start to move my hands in the void, hoping to feel something. Was I hoping? Was I feeling something now? I tried to hold on this hope. I continue to move my hand, grabbing the air around me, but there were no hands. And no one was talking any more, I was left alone again.

What was the point? I gave up and close my eyes again. If I have to die, make it fast. I’m tired of waiting. Being alone is so boring.

Y/N. I need you. Please.”

Now, I recognize it. The Doctor’s voice.

I didn’t recognize it. I remembered it. I forgot his voice in this emptiness, but he’s here, somewhere.

“Where are you?”

Right here.”

***

I woke up in a gasp, gasping for air. It felt like I drowned. The Doctor’s head was above mine, and my upper body in his lap.

“Doctor-!”

“Calm down, breathe. You’re here, you’re safe.”

“What happened?!”

“I don’t know. I think we shouldn’t have gone to this planet.” He took a pause. “You were right. A war happened here. A civil war. The consciousness of the planet, not glad that it was being destroyed by its people, decided to – how to put that in simple words – ‘shut down’ the planet.”

“What-What do you mean?”

“Everything sleeps. All the people, the plants, the animals… all of the planet is sleeping until the consciousness is ready.”

“Were-Were we sleeping too?”

“Yes. But in my dream, I found the consciousness.”

“And you managed to wake up.” As I said this, I understood what happened. And I also noticed that the Doctor was holding my hand.

He suddenly left my hand and get up really fast, leaving me on the ground.

“So! Let’s get back to the TARDIS now, shall we?” He gave me a hand I took to get up.

I was still feeling a little dizzy. My see was all blurred, but I think it’s due to real exhaustion this time.

The Doctor notice my tiredness and put his arm around my shoulders as we walked back to the TARDIS.

He was once again looking at me, searching for a clue of my state.

“What did you dream of, Y/N?”

“I… I was falling into the void for the eternity, I think.”

“Ow. Are you okay?”

“Yeah, why?”

“You sure?” he gave me the look which says he’s doubting me.

“I’m tired, that’s all.”

He didn’t respond. I knew he was still concerned, but what I said was true. I wanted to sleep right now.

We finally arrived at the TARDIS. The Doctor left me on seats in the console room, while he was going to put some coordinates in the console. I don’t know where he was going to bring us to, but I was so tired. I leaned down on the seats and I fall asleep really fast.

“Sleep well, love.” I heard as someone pull a sort of blanket on me to not be cold during my rest.

Hùpnos (Hypnos) is the Greek god of sleep, twin brother of Thanatos, god of death.