Abducted (10th Doctor)

A/N : This is the second part of my one-shot intilted "Time paradox" :)

***

“D-Doctor?!”

“Oh, Y/N! What are you up to? You never call!”

“There’s- There’s a weeping angel. Right in front of me.”

“Where and when are you?”

“National Gallery, London, 1st May 2020, 11:07am.”

Don’t blink. I’m coming.”

I tried my best to hide my anxiousness in my voice, but from the moment I talked about weeping angels, the Doctor’s voice which was usually joyful became soon very dark.

The Doctor dropped me off by my apartment yesterday, so today I could have a day off. I decided to go to the museum, since it’s been a long time I haven’t went to it. But now, I was alone in the Roman sculptures room, and there was a weeping angel on a pedestal, as if it was a roman statue!

I was standing there, too afraid to move an inch. I was looking right at the angel. Tears were coming to my eyes because of dryness.

Soon, I could hear the usual wheezing sound that the TARDIS made when she landed. I tried my very best not to look at where the sound come from.

“Y/N! I’m here!” said the Doctor from behind me a few minutes later.

I wanted to turn myself to face him, but again, I was too afraid of the weeping angel. I felt my heart aching from fear.

The Doctor has put his hands on both of my shoulders and he slowly dragged me so I would walk back. I did as he suggested, and I start to walk back, without blinking or turning my eyes from the angel.

“Y/N.”

“Y- Yeah?”

“We’re surrounded.”

The tears in my eyes started to fall down my cheeks and dropped to the ground. The Doctor’s grip on my shoulder became tighter, as if he wanted to reassure me, to prove me his presence.

I heard the sound of his sonic screwdriver, probably scanning the room.

“There’s 14 of them.”

“B-But, I can only see one and it’s right there!”

“They all came to circle the TARDIS.”

As he said this, he let go of my shoulders, just so his hands would run down my arms and take both of my hands. We were now back to back. I understood that we arrived at the TARDIS, but that she was cornered by weeping angels.

“Doctor, what should we do?!”

“I- I don’t understand why they’re here. They’re looking for something. Or it doesn’t make sense.” He took a pause. “Y/N. You are alone in the museum.”

“What?!”

“Before coming to you I quickly checked if there were other people visiting the museum. But I’ve found no one. Not even at the reception. I don’t know why or how, but you’re the only human in this museum right now.”

“What does that mean, Doctor?! Tell me!”

“The weeping angels. I think they’re looking for you.”

I took a deep breath. I knew that when weeping angels were searching for something or someone, they get it. It was my fate. Being abducted by the weeping angels. I tried to cope with it, but the Doctor squeezed my hands.