Chocolate Croissants

Chapter 7

Harry

I pace around my small room for 5 minutes, not able to wrap my head around the fact that Louis would be here soon. Just 4 days ago he was calling me a freak, and now we're hanging out together? Are we friends? We only had one conversation that didn't consist of him insulting or belittling me. Does that make us friends? He wouldn't want to hang out with me out of nowhere if he didn't want to be friends, right? 

I snap out of my headache-inducing thoughts when I realize that Louis would be here in 10 minutes. 

"Shit" I rush over to my closet to find a somewhat decent outfit. Looking through my old run-down clothes, I decide on a white t-shirt, baggy blue-jean overalls, and my favorite black knitted cardigan. 

I walk across the hall into the bathroom and look at my reflection. I don't exactly hate what I see, but I always feel like somethings missing, I just can't pinpoint what that "something" is. I run my hands through my hair, shaking out my fringe and brushing my curls across my forehead. 

As I'm brushing my teeth, I hear a knock at the door. I walk over to the door to see who it is, and I'm met with my new favorite pair of blue eyes. He looks at me up and down and lets out a dry chuckle. Fuck

"I told you I was coming to get you, why aren't you ready?" he asks as he steps past me and into my house without even waiting for me to invite him in.

When I don't answer, he looks over to me. I point at my mouth filled with toothpaste, causing him to nod in understanding. I rush past him and into the bathroom, spitting the toothpaste into the sink. 

Leaning against the wall, I rest my shaky hands against my knees, trying to catch my breath. I didn't think he would be here this early, I didn't have time to prepare myself.

"Just breathe Harry, He's the one who offered to hang out with you, it's fine" I whisper to myself. When I finally feel like I'm calm enough, I step out into the narrow hallway and make my way to the living room to see Louis laid out on my couch with his feet up on the coffee table. 

"P-please put your feet down, my mum doesn't like that" I muttered, playing with my frayed sweater sleeves.

"Well your mum isn't here now is she?" He sarcastically remarks, scoffing at me.

"No she isn't, but she still doesn't like that" I try to make my voice sound a little bit louder, but fail miserably. 

"I see" he says slowly as he gets up from the couch and walks over to me, stopping a few inches away from my face "And do you always do what your mummy says?" he speaks so low that I can barely hear. 

"No, not everything" I can't seem to look up from my feet, I just won't allow myself to do it

He chuckles and turns around swiftly, leaving behind his scent of tobacco and vanilla with a hint of sweat. "Come on Curly, we've got shit to do." My stomach lurches at the nickname and I smile to myself, rocking back and forth on my heels. I follow the boy out the door and into the early morning air

We've been driving for about 2 minutes before I finally decided to speak up. "Where are we going?" I ask, looking over at him. His arm is stretched out, his bicep visible and I swallow thickly. 

"Don't worry about it" he dryly replies. Don't worry about it? What does he mean by that? 

"What do you mean?" I question. He sighs deeply and rolls his eyes, never averting his gaze from the road 

"It means exactly what it sounds like, don't worry about it" His voice coming out snippy, obviously becoming annoyed. 

"Well I would like to know where a boy that I barely know is taking me" I explain. He looks at me through the corner of his eye, his mouth opening to speak but he hesitates for a moment, almost as if he doesn't know what to say.