Distractions

Chapter 8

Louis

I watch as Harry runs through the parking lot, onto the busy sidewalk. "Harry!" I call out, but of course I got no response. For a moment I thought about running after him, but he may be a little freaked out if a guy that he barely knew chased him down like a fucking lunatic. Before I could even fully decide on going to look for him, he was gone. 

"Son of a bitch"  I climb into the drivers' side of my car, hastily shoving the key into the ignition. I speed through the early morning streets in search of the curly-haired boy. I don't understand what made me act that way with him. My mind was repeatedly telling me to stop, especially when I saw the pain sinking deeper and deeper into his eyes with every chuckle that escaped my lips, but I couldn't stop myself.

It's not my fault the kid's too fucking sensitive for his own good, that's his problem. The only reason I'm even looking for the freak is that I know he wasn't paying attention to where we were going, so he most likely has no idea how the fuck he's going to get home. I don't want to be responsible for him going missing or some shit.

After about half an hour of looking for him, I decide that it's no longer my problem if he makes it home or not. I look down at the clock next to my steering wheel, seeing that it's only 9:00 in the morning. I told my mum that I was going out with some friends, so she won't be expecting me home for a while. Even if I didn't come home, I'm not too sure she'd care anyway but I like to convince myself otherwise. Bearing this in mind, I decided I needed some sort of distraction, so I speed over to the flat that I've spent a lot of nights at.

My knuckles knock harshly against the dark wood, refusing to stop until I get an answer. "For fuck's sake, I'm coming!" The familiar voice rings out from the other side of the wood. Moments later the door opens to reveal a very sleepy, angry boy, his raven-hair touseled from sleep.

"What the fuck Lou?" He snaps, his voice groggy. 

"Goodmorning to you too, Zaynie Boy" I brush past him, into his messy flat. It still blows my mind that Zayn's parents let him move out at the age of 17, but I don't complain. At least I have somewhere to go when I need to blow off some steam. 

"Louis, it's-" he checks the clock by his front door "9:13 on a Saturday morning, what the fuck could you possibly want?" He slams the door and storms into the kitchen, me following in his footsteps. 

"Do I need a reason to come see you?" I hop onto the counter, smiling innocently at a grumpy Zayn. "Seeing as though I'm hungover as shit and you were pounding on my door, yes I deserve an explanation" he barks. 

He swiftly walks over to me, placing his hands on both of my thighs. I spread my legs apart, allowing him to stand in between them as I pull him in by the collar of his dingy white t-shirt. "Just needed a distraction" My voice coming out in a low, seductive whisper. Zayn brushes the pad of his thumb over my thin bottom lip before pulling me into a bruising, deep kiss. 

My arms wrap around his waist as he places sloppy, wet kisses across my jaw, making a low moan escape through my part lips. My small hands travel underneath his shirt, dragging my nails down his warm back. A low growl rumbles in his throat, but before it goes any further, I push him away. 

"What the hell?" He steps back and looks at me, confusion clear on his face. I wipe my bottom lip off on the back of my hand, looking up to see an annoyed Zayn. "Sorry, I just wasn't feeling it I guess" I hop off the counter and walk into the living room, plopping down on the couch, Zayn appearing in the doorway moments later. 

"So if you aren't here to fuck, then why are you up driving around so early on a Saturday morning?" He asks, grabbing a joint from his coffee table and plopping down next to me. My mind takes me back to my morning with Harry, and I can't help but smile. Not at our little breakfast hangout, but at the way his lanky body looked as he ran away. He reminded me of a baby deer learning to walk.