Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen: You're the Scarlett.

***

We entered the police station, we looked for the man from last night, and luckily; we saw him standing with a lady, with a coffee in his hand. We walked up to him, and I looked at Chase to start, but he was arguing with me through his eyes, and I argued back with my eyes- and elbow.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt," Chase tried covering his distasteful look on face with a smile.

"Oh, hey, you're finally here," he smiled at us. "I've been waiting, excuse me, Linda.. I'll talk to you later."

"Sorry if we disturbed you or something," I said as we followed the middle aged man.

"Don't worry, I wanted to get away," he chuckled. "Molly was my ex girlfriend when we were training to be cops."

"Did Noah train with you?" I asked.

"Oh, no! Do I look twenty four?" He twirled for us. "I am thirty two years old, I am an old."

"You're not that old," I assured. "Are you married?"

"I wish, but after my breakup with Molly, I went on a plenty of dates but I couldn't because I had one amazing girl," he said. "I stopped trying to find girls, but loving the girl was something I could never do."

"Awww, sorry to hear that," I pouted.

"What about you, lovebirds? When is your wedding?" He smirked.

"First of all, we are not together. Second of all, we're too young for marriage!" I put my hands up. "We used to be together, but this kid over here blamed for something I never did, and left me when I needed him the most."

"There are two sides in every story, butthead," Chase looked at me. "Everything I did was to protect her, and she still can't understand that I'm still in love with her!"

"Losing you means one less problem for me because I have like 100," I winked at him. "Man, we talked about the story of our lives and we still did not reach!"

"His rest area is far, we still have time to fix what's going on with you two," the man looked in between Chase and I.

"By the way, we didn't catch your name," I said.

"Maybe because I haven't thrown it yet," the man laughed. "Ben, call me Ben."

"Nice to meet you, Ben," I smiled.

"You too,...?"

"Scarlett, but call me Scar," I said.

"Chase, but call me Chase," Chase chuckled.

"Good to know you, Chase and Scar," Ben said. "Don't make the mistake I made with Molly, give Chase another Chance, because when you fall hard, he'd be already taken."

I wanted to say something but Chase beat me to it.

"Scar, don't even say something, your past words have been hurtful enough, and you're gonna say something that will hurt even more," he glared at me. "Nothing easy is worth it, if I didn't want you to forgive me; I wouldn't have been there for you all this time, I would've let you come here alone, and do shit alone. I would've walked out on you, I would've agreed-"

He stopped, then continued. "I'm still here with you, and whatever you do; I'm always going to want you."

"Ben, if these two kids are fighting, you know where to take them, right?" A young short man appeared, and we all looked at him.

"I do know where to take them," Ben rolled his eyes.

"Then why are they here?" The man looked between Chase and I.