Chapter fifteen

We reached 500+! Omg thank you so much!!

Chapter fifteen: I'll always be there for you.

***

Walking back home was giving me anxiety, not because of the question I was asked; but because of the answer I gave.

I've been waiting for this day to come ever since I knew I had a brother, I wanted a family ever since I lost mine. However, when he asked the question; every memory I had with the Peterson's flashed in my mind. The day when I was standing outside with tears in my eyes that people thought the raindrops were covering my face, when it was pouring rain outside and I was freezing, and I had no one to lean on, the Peterson's were the ones who were there for me, who let me lean on them, who let me feel safe.

I walked inside the house, I closed the door, and as I looked at the living room, I watched them all watch a movie. I smiled at them, I wanted that. Chase glanced at me, and excused himself.

"Where did you go?" Chase asked as soon as he stood in front of me.

"He popped the question," I mumbled. I looked down, not wanting to meet Chase's eyes.

"Let's go to your room," he whispered. I nodded as I followed him up the stairs, and to my bedroom. As soon as we both entered the room, he locked the door and looked at me. "Scar, look at me."

"I-I think if I looked up at you, I'd sob," I shook my head. "And I don't want to cry."

"Scar?" Chase called out softly which made me look at him in the eyes.

I tried to hold back the tears but I couldn't, and I let them out. "I don't know what to do, should I accept or should I reject him? Chase, I need to be with him, he's my only family, but I can't leave you guys, my mind keeps thinking of here."

"Calm down, scar," Chase wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

"I really want to live with him, Chase," I said. "But I also want to live here with you, I want you to always wake me up at one forty five just to talk about anything, our feelings, our love, our relationship, our fights, our pasts."

"Here's something I never thought I'd say," Chase breathed in my neck. "What if you live with him but still have sleepovers every now and then?" 

"And you'd always come to visit, right?" I looked up at Chase. "And you won't forget about me?"

"Of course," he nodded. "And how could I ever forget my first touch, my first kiss, my first love, and the first girl who made me feel like this?" (One direction).

(HEART BREAK, IT'S KILLING ME, I LOVED YOU FIRST WHY CANT YOU SEE?)

"You wouldn't be able to wake me up at 1:45 in the morning every single day anymore," I whispered.

"I thought you hated that," he laughed.

"I do, but they still mean a lot to me," I looked up at him. "And I love the fact that I still do not know why you wake me up at 1:45 A.M."

"Are you going to live with your brother?" Chase asked, biting his lip.

"I'm not sure," I shook my head. "I really want to, but I cannot leave you-"

"Hey, we'll survive without you," Chase said. "Besides, it's what you really want, so no one can stop you."

"You think I should go for it?" I asked.

"If that's what you want, I'm not going to hold you back anymore," he shrugged. "I tried, but it went south."

"I never hated you, Chase," I whispered.

"I know," he smirked. "You still hang out with me, dumbo."

"Freak," I laughed, I hugged him for the first time in a very long time. He seemed, surprised, but still hugged me back. "Thank you for being there for me."

"I know it's confusing you, I know it's driving you crazy that you still don't know everything," he cupped my cheeks with one hand. "But I'll always be there for you."

I looked down at my feet, "what happened to my parents?"

"I-" he got interrupted by a knock on the door.

"May I come in?" Luke asked, sticking his head into the room.

"Sure," I nodded. He entered the room, and stood in front of me.

"I understand why you feel left out," Luke said. "We don't spend as much time with you, but that will change now; I'll do anything for you to consider as a family."

"Luke," Chase began.

"No, Chase! You think you don't have a family, but you have us, we are your family, we don't have to be blood related to be a family," Luke spoke. "Family is not defined as the genes or blood, family is being there for each other, caring for each other, accepting each other, families are the ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who will love you no matter what."

Tyler walked into the room after him, "Luke told us what you said, and let me tell you that you might not be born from our flesh, but you are born in our hearts."

"Hey, sweetie," Eleanor walked in. "We don't have to match, you don't have to look like us."

"Mom," Chase spoke, he looked between his mother and his brothers.

This turned to a cringey family meet up. That was a rude remark, excuse me.

"I have to tell you guys something," I bit my lip. "That's why I'll be making dinner."

"I guess our talk worked," mom chirped. "Joey, Leo, come in!"

"Easy," Leo snickered. "Luke talked for days about this, he wanted to do anything to make you feel better."

Telling Luke might be the hardest thing I'll ever do.

"I love you, Luke," I hugged him tightly, because I know I'm letting these lovely people slip through my fingertips.

***

Okay, this is a quick chapter before I say see you soon. I'm taking a break because of ramadan, yk a holy month.

Thank you for reading, it really means a lot.

Next chapter will come out on May 25th, I'm so sorry by the way!! Because until now, we have no idea when ramadan is ending, it might be on the 23rd or 24 or maybe 22nd, so to be safe; I'm going to be updating on 25!

I hope you guys are staying safe!

Thank you!

Please don't forget to vote and comment!