Ch.22 Ghosts:The Slit-Mouthed Woman (Part 1 of 2)

"So imo...what's it like being a Lycanwing?" Ruffnut asked "to be honest it's kind of fun...but then it gets a bit boring after a while" I said "it wasn't for me" Hibiki said "of course it wasn't for you dad your a changewing for crying out loud!" I shouted "watch your tone son" Hana said to me "sorry mom..." I said before she hugged me "it's ok dear...we know you didn't mean it" Hibiki said before my sister scared Hibiki "gah!" Our dad shouted before turning around only to see Fang laughing on the ground causing our dad to laugh "you little rascal" Hibiki said causing my little sister to giggle "it's good to have you back" i said hugging fang "its good to be back...i thought you guys abandoned me for two and a half months there?" Fang said "it was because we thought you was dead Fang" Hana said "I wasn't dead...I was in the spirit realm..." Fang said "spirit realm?" Dak asked "whats the spirit realm?" Hiccup asked "it's a place where when a person dies for example me...only those who can go into the spirit realm can contact the deceased" I said "how do you know this?" Snotlout asked before my right eye turned grey "because I have this trait Snotlout...and there's a spirit right behind you and I suggest you move" I said "why would I is it because there is a ghost behind me?" Snotlout said taunting the ghost behind him "it's because the ghost of whom you mocking is a dangerous one...it goes by the name of the slit-mouthed woman" I said 'Am I pretty?' The slit-mouthed woman asked Snotlout but he didn't hear her "did you guys hear that?" Dak asked "what is she asking?" Leyla asked me "She's asking 'am I pretty' leyla...you guys can't see her but we can" Hana said "not even going to ask" Fishlegs said 'Am I pretty?' The slit-mouthed woman asked again more demanding this time around 'some people say that you are and others say that you are not...the real question you should be asking is...are you or are you not pretty' I told the woman "what did you say to her?" Dak asked before I told them what I said the the ghost 'I've never been asked a question like that...all I wanted was to be accepted...you see when I was your mother's age...I was the most beautiful woman in my village...but then one day my ex-husband used a pair of scissors and cut my mouth open killing me and turning me into what I am now...forever asking that question...' the woman said to us but everyone heard her "I feel so sorry for what happened to you...to be honest your beauty doesn't come from what's on your face...true beauty comes from within" Astrid said "it just takes a while to find that beauty inside us...and yet this whole time...you have found it but chose to ignore it..." Hibiki said before the ghost became visible 'Thank you...all of you for showing me what true beauty is...it can finally rest in peace' the woman said before flowers started to bloom all over her body and when she left the last thing that remained of her was a surgical mask with flowers on it and my mom picked it up and put it on "I will always remember you...sister" Hana said catching the riders by surprise.