°•4•°

"What are your strengths and weaknesses?"

"Though my lack of experience in the workforce could be considered a downfall, I hope to use this job as a strong foundation to build my future on." Minho glanced down at the desk in front of him at the end of his sentence, snapping his mouth shut. Had he said too much? Did it sound weird?

"Wow. Maybe you're not so inexperienced afterall, huh?" The man, looking to be a little over thirty, leaned back in his seat, a grin on his face. "That was a good answer. How old did you say you were?"

"Uhh," Minho ducked his head. "I'm fifteen."

"Eye contact, Minho, eye contact will get you far in life."

Did that mean he failed the interview? Minho was too nervous to respond, so he settled for nodding.

The man sighed. "I expect you to be here no later than 4pm Monday for your training. Have a great weekend, Minho."

I think I got the job!!
Delivered

Omg yussss we stan a talented icon lmaoooo
Seen

Wth chan 💀
Seen

I should sleep-
Seen

Yes you should-
Delivered

"Are you kidding me?" A lanky, messy haired teen said energetically, running up behind Minho and Jisung. He broke the tense silence between them, patting their backpacks and slinging an arm over each of them. "You, Minho Lee, got a job?"

"You got a job?" Jisung asked softly, turning to look at Minho inquisitively.

Minho didn't look up from the ground, focused on the way his feet passed over the asphalt.

"Yeah. Hyunjin, get off, seriously."

"What? Afraid of my germy germs?" Hyunjin got real close to Minho, ruffling his hair. He blew a puff of air into Minho's ear and received a death glare because of it.

"Anyway. Why's it so awko taco over here? Y'all slip up and fuck or sumn?"

Minho punched his side, hard but not hard enough to actually cause him any pain, and Jisung just looked away, his face a pale pink shade. Hyunjin knew all about how Minho and Jisung used each other. They'd actually first kissed at his birthday party- kind of a douchey thing to do.

("Bro what if we kissed?"

"Ha gay I wouldn't kiss you."

"You wouldn't?"

"I mean, unless you want to.")

It eventually worked itself out.

"Alright, bye losers. My ride's here." Hyunjin pushed away from them at the edge of the school property, heading off towards a sleek, expensive looking car. Hyunjin was rich. Or his family was at least. Minho watched him go, thrift store flannel billowing in his wake.

Minho and Jisung continued walking down the sidewalk, only a little less than a foot of space between them. They were quiet all the way to Jisung's bus stop. Only then did they really look at each other for the first time since the incident.

Jisung's already gloomy look seemed to deflate even more. "I'm… I'm so sorry, Min.." His voice cracked, and he broke eye contact.

As difficult as the past few days had been, Minho had never stopped to think about the load of guilt that'd been placed on Jisung's shoulders. Without a second thought, he pulled Jisung into a hug.

"It's not your fault."

Those words, so calm and sure, nearly caused both boys to break down. It wasn't his fault. Any of it. The bad grades, Minho's parents ignoring him as if he didn't live there- anything.

Jisung's arms tightened around Minho's back. After a few moments he breathed, "Bro I'm gonna miss my bus."

"It's right there.."

"You know the bus driver hates me and won't hesitate to leave. I'm really sorry I have to go. Good luck at your job! I know you'll do great." Jisung waved to Minho one last time before climbing the steps into the school bus.

Normally, Minho would go with him, but now he had an after school job to walk to instead. The cafe wasn't too far- less than a block or two away from the school.

Headed to the first day of work!! Wish me luck.
Seen 3:55pm

Good luck my man you'll do great. You make that coffee. Heck yah.
Sent 3:56pm

The bell rang on the door as he opened it. A boy around his age looked up from behind the counter and grinned at him. He turned and gestured to someone in the back and then spun back around with the same smile on his face. Minho approached the counter, kind of intimidated.

"Hi," the boy greeted him. "You must be Minho. I'm Seungmin." Another boy came barreling out of the back, hastily tying his apron. "And that's Jeongin."

"Hi." Minho said shyly, gaze still fixed on the floor. The boy named Jeongin walked up to him and pat him on the back lightly.

"Relax a little, man. We're not gonna bite."

"Yeah," Seungmin added, turning towards the coffee makers. "Now follow our lead. We've got an hour til opening so let's learn quickly!!"

"Don't worry, we'll take care of you." Jeongin said, slipping behind the counter and tossing an apron at Minho. "Its nice to have someone here my age besides him." He stuck his thumb over his shoulder at Seungmin, receiving a glare in return. 

"Hey!"

"I'm right and you know it!"

"Maybe but still."

Minho smiled. He had a feeling he'd fit in there well.

- - - - - - - -

Sorry but I love Hyunjin oops

The texts act as the breaks between scenes soooo :D lemme know if you're confused about anything so far