•°5°•

Weeks passed.
Three weeks, to be exact.
Three weeks of limitless calls and texts with Chan.

Minho loved it.

He didn't know why they'd ever drifted apart to begin with. Chan told him everything now, from his most recent score in league to what he'd fed Berry that day.

"So," Minho said, rolling over in the bed to face his phone once more. "You're telling me that Hannah simultaneously knocked over your keyboard and Berry's waterdish, but your keyboard isn't ruined at all?"

Chan gestured at the camera to give him a moment, as he was chewing. "Yeah. I was surprised too." He drew his knees to his chest in the desk chair, using his hand to swivel the chair around. Minho laughed lightly and grabbed ahold of his phone. He rolled into his back and looked back up at the facetime call. 

It was a lazy Sunday morning for him, meaning late at night for Chan.

"Isn't it a school night for you?"

"Yeah, and?"

"Shouldn't you be asleep instead of eating spicy ramen and talking to me?"

Chan pouted and slowed his chair, bringing the bowl of noodles close to his face. He was about to shove another forkful into his mouth, but paused. "I love ramen and talking to you though."

Minho hummed, trying to ignore the way his heart skipped a beat, and set his phone down. Normally, he wasn't supposed to have his phone in his room at any time, but since his parents had been lacking in the whole 'parenting' thing as of late, they didn't really care what he did.

He hauled himself out of bed to search for clothes to change into. When he found what he wanted- a thrasher hoodie and cargo pants, Minho started changing.

"Hey! Why do I gotta look at your ceiling, huh? Where'd you go?" Chan's voice shouted from Minho's phone, laying abandoned on the pillow.

"Give me a minute, geez." Minho said, tugging the sweatshirt over his head. He threw himself back onto the bed and peeked his head into view of the screen. "I was changing, sorry."

Chan snorted. "What? Like you're gonna do anything today."

"Hey! Don't call me out like that I swear to god I will end this call. Then you won't have an excuse to not sleep."

"Nonono no please. Please Minho. Pleaseeee-"

Just to spite him, Minho ended the call. He scrolled through social media for a while before getting bored. He tried calling Chan back, but got no answer. With a small pout, he got up again and left his room in search of food.

Sleep well you dork 
Sent 9:34am

"Okay but," Hyunjin started, walking beside Minho on the way out of Spanish and down to lunch. He'd neglected to wear his contacts that day, so black rimmed glasses resided on his face under a mop of messy black hair. His sweater clad arm linked around Minho's in classic Hyunjin fashion. "Belle delphine's bath water."

Minho glanced up from his chat with Chan just to shoot Hyunjin an incredulous look.

"What? Had to get your attention somehow." Hyunjin shrugged as they descended the stairs leading to the lunchroom. "Who are you so obsessed with messaging anyway?"

Minho shrugged and put his phone away, not liking how Hyunjin was glancing at it as though it caused the death of Princess Diana. 

"Y'all Minho likes someone." Hyunjin announced as soon as they entered the lunchroom, their table being closest to the door. Jisung and Changbin glanced up from looking at a meme, smiles still on their faces. 

"Do tell more." Changbin said. He was kinda quiet, and they weren't that close. They were in-school friends. Nonetheless, Minho slid into the seat beside him.

"There's nothing to tell," Minho said, accidentally locking gazes with Jisung for a moment before looking away. "I don't like anyone."

He glared daggers at Hyunjin as he pulled up a chair to sit next to him.
"Mmmmmmmm the way you were texting says otherwise."

"What would you know?" Minho asked, stealing a blackberry out of Hyunjin's container.

"More than you, obviously." Hyunjin said, pulling his jar of blackberries closer to himself with a frown.

"Intelligence is both a gift and a curse." Jisung pointed out, letting his head fall into the palm of his hand. "Minho if you like them why not tell us?"

"Because I don't like him?"

"Aha it's a him!" Changbin exclaimed. "That's a hint. We're getting closer guys." He leaned across the table for a high five from Hyunjin and then sat back down again, taking a bite of his food and looking at his phone.

"Guys why aren't we poking fun at Changbin. He's literally on his phone right now. Maybe he's texting someone."

"Okay and? Changbin's always on his phone."

"Hey!" Changbin said, offended.

"What, man, it's true don't deny it."

Changbin scowled and turned back to his phone, hurriedly typing before switching off his phone and flipping it over. "Happy? Now back to Minho's crush."

"It's literally not a crush guys!!" Minho protested. Before any of them could say anything, they heard Minho's phone buzz in his pocket. He didn't answer. It buzzed again.

"Okay so I'm going to respond to that but it doesn't mean anything." He said, glaring at them all.

Several "mmhmm"s and "sure"s passed around the table. Jisung raised his eyebrow when he saw Minho crack a small smile.

"It's definitely a crush."

"Guys," Minho sighed, setting his phone down. "Please, it's just my friend, Chan."

Changbin glanced up almost at once, eyes narrowed.

"Chan?"

"Yeah we were best friends when we were younger, but then he moved to Australia. We just missed each other, s'all." Minho shrugged, taking more food from Hyunjin.

Changbin looked back down at his phone slowly, almost hiding behind his lunchbox. No one questioned it. 

"So… what you're telling me is," Jisung said, him and Hyunjin sharing a look. "You have another best friend?"

Minho nodded, and Hyunjin let out a dramatic gasp, pushing his packed lunch away from Minho and closer to Jisung. He scooched his chair that way too.
"You unloyal hoe!"

"Wait.. y'all considered me a best friend?"

"Uh- yeah. Not anymore though."

"Hold on, wait, I'm actually gonna cry real tears right now." Minho wiped his eyes dramatically and went in for a hug.

"Ew stop what the fuck get away from me, you cheater-"

- - - - - - - -

100 reads already :') thanks oml

Any opinions so far?