°•8•°

"Bro I honestly cannot right nowwww." Minho groaned, setting his phone against one of the napkin holders. He was at work, but on break. 

Since they were all still in school and had a bunch of work to do, their manager let them take extended breaks when necessary. It was a good thing Seungmin, Jeongin, and Minho were all pretty trustworthy and didn't abuse their time.

"Okay but seriously what is trigonometry. Literally what is it." Minho said stressfully, running his hands through his hair as he glared down at his open binder.

"SohCahToa."

"Bless you."

Chan laughed warmly and rubbed at his eyes. It was around 5 in the morning for him, but he'd really wanted to talk to Minho a bit before going to school, even if it meant he got a little less than four hours of sleep total. Not that he told Minho that.

"No but seriously I don't get it Channie." Minho frowned. "What the actual hell is an ambiguous case and what does it have to do with the law of cosines and why do I care?" He slammed the table with his fist in frustration, the vibrations causing his phone to call. Minho quickly picked up the phone and set it back where it was.

He looked back down at the papers in front of him, his hands clutched into fists and angry tears forming in his eyes. Chan moved the phone closer to look at Minho and let out a small sigh.

"Minho-"

"Don't. I'm fine."

Seungmin and Jeongin exchanged worried looks from behind the counter. Seungmin gestured to Jeongin to keep cleaning tables while he made sure everything was alright.

Jeongin held him back however when they realized Minho was on a call with someone.

"Hey Minho," Chan said in the most gentle tone of voice he could muster. "I've been working on a new song on guitar… wanna hear it?"

Minho looked up, his tired eyes searching for Chan's in his grainy image. He'd been through so much in the past month and a half, and it seemed to all be catching up to him in that moment. Chan didn't wait for an answer and rather reached over to grab his acoustic and settled back to where Minho could see him.

"So this is a song I've been working on for a bit now.. it's called 'almost sweet music' by Hozier and it's really hard to play so I guess here goes-"

"Channie it's early at your house, you'll wake someone up-"

"I don't care." Chan said, beginning to strum the guitar lazily. "Okay now for real though." His eyes flew down to watch his hand motions as it wasn't a song he was super comfortable with yet.

He plucked at a few of the strings to get in a rythmn. When he actually started, it was beautiful.

Minho let his head sink to the table, his arms coming up to shield his face from the outside world. He just listened to Chan's guitar playing and let himself get carried away with it.

Chan mumbled the lyrics here and there because that was how he was used to playing. Though he messed up a few times, he didn't call it into attention except for a soft curse under his breath, inaudible to Minho's ears. 

He let his eyes fall closed as he plucked out the last few chords, opening them with a refreshed smile only to see Minho's serene face resting against his arm. His shoulder rose and fell gently as he breathed in and out, tiny little snores falling from his slightly parted lips.

Chan gazed over every pixelated feature and felt his heart crack a little bit that he couldn't reach out to brush the hair away from his eyes, or press a kiss to his head. Nevertheless he couldn't help but smile at the sight. He leaned forward and grabbed his phone, saving the peaceful looking Minho in a screenshot forever. 

Even after doing so, Chan couldn't look away. He played with the strings of his hoodie and just took in Minho- everything about him that he could see.

He knew he should wake Minho up. Minho had a job after all, and homework, but he just couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Channie!" His mom called from the other side of the floor. "Your guitar playing was lovely sweetie, but you need to start getting ready for school alright? It's your day to make breakfast."

Chan sighed. He glanced back down at Minho's resting form once more and made a split second decision. 

He pressed a kiss to his fingers and then reached forward to touch his fingers against the camera. "We'll see each other someday." Then he ended the call.

My sleeping beauty~Delivered 3:43pm

My sleeping beauty~
Delivered 3:43pm

Wait- 
Shit-
Wrong picture
Delivered 3:43pm

Actually it does kinda
look like you so nvm hehe 

I do have a screenshot of
you sleeping tho 👀

Oh crap that sounds creepy
just ignore it hhhhh
Delivered 3:48pm

- - - - - - - -

Everyone whip out their clown emojis for the CEO of Clown Inc: me.

I started plotting out a new short story today and I almost forgot to update this one 😌

Also I can 100% confirm that Almost (sweet music) is my current favorite Hozier song, and if Chan were to do a cover of it I would cry but in happy font.