Chapter 1

Arosio De Luca

"Where. The. Fuck. Is. She?" I spat out as I punched the bleeding man after each word spoken. I've only been interrogating him for ten minutes but he was already begging for mercy.

Pathetic.

The stupid fuck worked for my father-in-law, Samuel Dale, as his right-hand man for years. My wife,Isabella Dale, has been missing for one month and this man won't reveal where she is.

Not that I really give a shit, she could be laying dead in a ditch for all I care. The only reason I even married her was because of my parents and grandparents who refused to hand over the family business unless I married that selfish bitch. Something about my grandparents and her grandparents making some sort of pact when we were born. 

It's already been two years since we got married at a courthouse but I've only met the spoiled woman less than five times. At first, I was willing to give our marriage a try but upon seeing her selfish nature as she demanded for an extravagant wedding and treated others like trash, I gave up on her. 

On our wedding night, she expressed her mutual hatred for our wedding and demanded I pay for her living expenses. I gave her one of my bank cards and allowed her to do whatever she wanted. 

Who knew the whore would sleep with practically half of the entertainment industry and attempt to ruin my family's reputation? She stepped out that very night and spent every day enjoying luxuries and the company of other men, at my expense of course.  As the head of the Italian mafia boss, I had more things to worry about than media headlines about her whoreish adventures so I let the media do whatever they wanted. But her birth family always stopped the articles from being published in time. 

"What? Cat got your tongue?" I mocked the pathetic man as he coward back on the floor of one of my many abandoned warehouses. The Dale family has some nerve, trying to make a foul out of the Italian Mafia. Even my family has grown to hate them over the past few years. 

The foul stench of blood was beginning to get to me and I couldn't stand the sight of this useless fucker for another second. I reached a hand behind my back and pulled out my gun before loading it and jabbing it into his bleeding mouth.

"Aro, stop. Your father-in-law will not be pleased once he hears of this," my second-in-command and best friend, Alejandro, tried to stop me but he was one second too late.

My finger swiftly pulled the trigger with my gun resting in his mouth and a sadistic smile took over my face as his blood splattered all over my black dress shirt. I kicked his body away from me and raised my hand to signal my men over to clean up the mess.

"Don't worry, I have other means of finding that whore," my eyes briefly met Alejandro's shaking form and I let out a deep chuckle.

He is the second-in-command of the most powerful Italian Mafia in America, yet he had a phobia of blood. Sometimes, I wonder why I hired him in the first place.

"Don't laugh at me, asshole. You and Giovanni always pick on me, if you know I can't see blood then why kill people in front of me! And, clean yourself up. Elijah will be scared if he sees his dad like this," Alejandro yelled back as he took the driver seat of my sleek black Wrangler.

"Oops" I let out in between laughter but froze at the mention of Elijah. A year before my marriage, my widowed sister died in childbirth as she gave birth to Elijah. I decided to raise him as my own son, much to the dismay of my in laws. Seeing the way that selfish bitch treated him made me loathe her existence even more. She never once treated him with tender nor care. 

"I know. Have you prepared the documents?" I grunted out while changing my shirt to a white button up shirt from the trunk. The documents I was referring to were divorce papers.