Chapter 2

Katerina Dale

Currently, I was seated in the black Lamborghini of Arosio De Luca as the man who I have learnt is his right-hand man and best friend, Alejandro, drove silently. Arosio did not come himself but instead sent his bestfriend to pick me up after I regained consciousness this morning. 

Tears gathered in my eyes as I recalled the events that occurred last night. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that my own father would find me and blackmail me into living my twin sister's life until he locates where she ran off to. I bit back a sob as I recalled his exact words from last night. 

"Huh, where am I? Mr. Romero?" I called out fearfully while slowly lifting my aching body from the bed. Looking around the white sterilized room, I guessed that I was in a hospital.

"Finally, took you long enough, Ms. Avery," a harsh voice rang out from the side and I snapped my gaze to meet my father's cold cerulean blue eyes. 

"Father..." I mumbled in shock and was met with his disgusted expression. 

"Don't you dare call me that! I only have one child, my sweet Isabella. You were nothing but a curse who killed my wife!" he snapped at me coldly, making me flinch back in fear. My head began to ache and I reached up to caress it but noticed gauze wrapped around it. 

"Stupid bitch, you managed to ruin half the plan already. I needed to have your hair dyed to brown but I can't because of your wound," he hissed out in annoyance as I scooted further away from him on the hospital bed. 

"Please let me go, I'm sorry for everything, please" I began to beg helplessly but was met with his chilling smile as he scoffed at me. 

"You're finally about to become useful for once but you're asking me to let you go? Not a chance. You are going to pretend to be Isabella and live with her husband and his family until I locate where in the hell she ran off to!" Samuel Dale demanded and smirked when my eyes widened in fear. 

"What...no...I can't! Are you crazy?" I stuttered out in fear and flinched when he raised his hand to slap me but stopped midway. 

"Shut up. My precious daughter needed some time to herself so she left one month ago. Her husband, Mr. Arosio De Luca, is one of the most powerful and dangerous men in America. He was planning to divorce her which is why I had to drag trash like you into our lives. Obediently act as Isabella or else I will destroy your life. I think I'll start with your precious grandparents actually," he threatened me as I gaped at him with more tears falling. How could he threaten his late wife's parents?

"No...Please...I beg of you...let me go. I promise, I'll live quietly with grandpapa and grandmama...please, spare me," I pleaded with him in between my sobs and failed to notice the footsteps approaching outside the door. My father's sinister laughter fell in my ears before he tightly gripped onto the back of my head. 

"You do not get a say, bitch. You better listen--" he began to threaten me again as I hissed in pain. Thankfully he stopped once he heard several footsteps throw the door open and enter. Without even turning around, I could feel the powerful and dominating presence of the men behind me, making me suppress a shudder of terror. 

My father let go of my head when the man pushed him away from me and I reached up to touch the back of my aching head before grimacing in pain. It hurt so much, I have no idea what father's guard hit me with but it feels like a thousand needles were stabbing my skull. 

"Son, I'm glad you're here. Isabella met with an accident and the doctors confirmed that she has amnesia. I was just trying to help her understand what is going on," father lied smoothly and I could see him straighten his suit jacket out of the corner of my eye.