Chapter 22

Katerina De Luca

My body was waking up on its own but I didn't want it to. Silently, I begged it to remain asleep but my pleads fell on deaf ears. I am too scared to face his wrath all alone. This time I didn't have Elijah or any of his other family members to use as my shield.

I felt my heavy eyelids begin to flutter open as my body launched forward, inhaling a much needed breath of air. The last thing I remembered was passing out from Arosio's aggressive kiss. I was about to jump off the bed that I was laying on but ended up wincing in pain when I was held back by handcuffs. The sound of water closing from within a door in the bedroom, that I expect to be the bathroom, fell into my ears along with the shuffling of a pair of feet.

With wide, frightened eyes I stared at the handcuffs that kept one of my hands attached to the headboard of the bed, effectively trapping me in this bedroom. Looking at the clock on the nightstand, I could see that it was close to midnight. By now, I could have been snuggled up to my two best friends in their safe villa but instead I was handcuffed to this devil's bed.

My mouth fell open in pure horror and my breathing began to come out in short pants. My eyes frantically wandered around the luxurious bedroom I had been left in. It was almost as grand as Arosio's master bedroom in his personal mansion but this one was decorated in neutral colors, opposed to the usual black and grey that Arosio seemed to prefer. The bed that I sat on was even bigger than a King size bed which reminded me of Elijah's bed. A frown instantly appeared on my lips as I thought of Elijah and how much I hurt him by leaving so suddenly.

"I miss you..." I whispered through tears and hugged my knees close to my chest. By now my whole body was shaking as my tears continued to pour down my chest.

Suddenly, the air seemed to stiffen as I heard a door being thrown open and my eyes instantly snapped up to meet Arosio's dark gaze. He was dressed in nothing but a pair of black joggers that seemed to compliment his dark hair and eyes. I cursed myself in my head, knowing that if I wasn't in so much fear, I would be drooling over this insanely handsome yet wicked man standing there with droplets of water dripping down his toned abs.

Almost all the color drained from my face as Arosio silently stalked towards me like a predator would its prey. This has happened to me twice tonight, both times by different men but when Rylan did this, it was playful and now with Arosio, it felt so real and terrifying. I leaned back into the headboard as he suddenly leaned forward with his hot breath fanning my face and held my chin tightly.

"You miss who? That Kensington bastard? Don't make me regret sparing his life, tesoro," Arosio stated with a sadistic smirk and I cried out in pain when his grip on my face tightened. He instantly released me and took a step back with his eyes caste down as if he regretted using too much force.

"No...I was talking about Elijah...wait, did you hurt my friends? Arosio, I swear, if you did--" my words were cut off as he let out a sigh and raised his hand to my head before rubbing my hair down.

"Hmm, good. And, no I did not hurt them," Arosio added after a moment of silence and I gave him a small smile of gratitude. At least he wasn't as much of a monster as I thought him to be.

Arosio leaned forward again but this time, it was to unlock the handcuffs. As soon as my hand was released, I brought it up to my face and stared at the red marks on it with tears. I began to rub it and winced in pain before sending him an accusatory glare. He almost looked guilty for a second before he seemed to remember something and a murderous rage flashed across his now cold, dark gaze.

"Here, take these clothes and shower. That bastard's scent is all over you," Arosio stated in anger before handing me one of his folded black dress shirts with a white towel. Looking down, I realized that I was still dressed in Ethan's hoodie and almost felt guilty for wearing another man's clothes in front of my husband.