Chapter 23

Katerina De Luca

I have never felt so angry in my whole life.

When I woke up this morning, I expected to feel pain in my behind and planned on using that to make Arosio feel guilty and make him lose face in front of everyone. But of course there was nothing except for a light dull feeling and a bit of red marking on my skin. There was little to no pain down there!

Currently, I was dressed in an expensive designer summer dress that was white with daisy flowers stitched onto the hem of the skirt part. Initially, I didn't want to take anything from Arosio and asked the maids for Ethan's clothes that I had worn last night.

But it turns out a certain Mafia boss burnt the clothes late at night while I was sleeping...

"Principessa? You there?" Alejandro waved his pale tattooed hand in front of me while he sat across from me  at the breakfast table. There was a mouth-watering spread of delicacies laid across the elegant breakfast table but knowing that Arosio had done this for me, I chose to barely touch any of it which made him glare at the chef at the beginning of breakfast.

Both Alejandro and Giovanni arrived earlier in the morning to join us for breakfast, making me feel extremely grateful since I didn't know what I would do to Arosio if he and I were left alone in one room. My anger from him spanking me last night has not yet disappeared and I don't think it ever will.

Unfortunately, we were still in Arosio's villa and will fly back to Los Angeles tomorrow morning since the De Luca family's private jet is undergoing inspection right now. Or at least, that's the excuse Arosio had told me while I was busy ignoring him before.

Arosio was seated at the head of the breakfast table and ate his food silently but I could feel his intense gaze on me since the moment I fake limped into the breakfast room while pretending to wince in pain. His bloodshot eyes were an indication of the little sleep he had last night after torturing me, was it out of guilt? I don't know and I don't care. His dark eyes only darkened further and widened slightly at the sight of me limping, which instantly brought a smirk onto my lips.

What? Don't judge me! Even though I am in no pain, that doesn't mean I have to let these monsters know! Actions have consequences and you better believe I will make that bastard pay for spanking me.

The expression on their faces when I had stepped into the room was priceless. Alejandro choked on his drink when he saw me limping and Giovanni sent a murderous glare towards Arosio who looked confused and guilty. He was probably confused since he had spent quite some time massaging the pain relief ointment into my skin last night.

"Huh?" I looked up from my food for the first time since sitting down and directed my cold gaze towards Alejandro who was still waving his hand in my face.

I hadn't spoken a word throughout breakfast and had refused to look up at the men as they discussed their business matters. I could feel Arosio's anger and frustration rolling off of him in heated waves but paid him no mind. Even when I felt his dark orbs boring holes into the side of my face, I kept my gaze glued to my plate and ate the food silently.

"Alejandro had asked you if there was anything you wanted to do afterwards? You were zoned out for a while, are you alright, principessa?" Giovanni spoke instead when Alejandro froze at my frosty glare, making me shift my hard gaze towards Giovanni but he remained unfazed.

My nose scrunched up in slight disgust when I heard the nickname that they and Arosio's brothers have been calling me by recently.

I am no princess. Just a regular girl wanting to go back to her mundane life. Besides, if I was a princess then I would be Rapunzel since your stupid best friend has me locked up in his damn villa!