Chapter 10

Katerina Dale

"Mommy? Wake up! Mommy!" a small voice fell into my ears as I struggled to open my eyes and clutched my aching head. It felt as though I was hit by a truck and I desperately wanted to know why.

With heavy eyes, I quickly scanned the room and noticed that I was sleeping in Elijah's bedroom. Looking down to the side of the bed, I saw his adorable face staring at me with wide, confused eyes. I rubbed my eyes awake and froze when I felt something heavy on my left hand.

Looking down, I saw the most beautiful diamond ring in the shape of a rose resting on my ring finger, making me gasp in surprise. I was about to rip it off my finger when Elijah tightly grasped onto my hands.

"What's wrong, mommy? Are you hurt?" he questioned while letting go of my hands and gently patting the top of my head, making me instantly smile at him.

"Don't worry, mommy's alright. Thank you for waking me up, my little prince," I lightly tapped his nose and stepped out of the bed but froze when I noticed what I was wearing.

Someone had changed me out of the baby blue summer dress, making my mouth fall open in shock. I was dressed in a huge black hoodie and a pair of silky pink shorts. His scent still lingered on the hoodie, so I didn't even need to question who the clothing belonged to. He better not have changed my clothes himself.

That sick bastard! I swear when I find you, Arosio, I will kill--

"Mommy, hurry! It's alright 8:30 in the morning, everyone's been waiting for you," Elijah yelled as my eyes widened in realization. They always have breakfast at 8 in the morning, crap!

"Thank you, my little Eli. Please inform everyone to start eating without me, alright? Mommy will take a quick shower and come downstairs in fifteen minutes," I kissed the top of his head before sprinting into the connecting bathroom.

Before showering, I tried to yank the ring off my ring finger but it wouldn't budge at all. I could barely focus and almost put regular soap into my hair instead of shampoo. My mind was too preoccupied with trying to remember what happened last night. All I remember is accepting one glass of red wine from Arosio's mother, and then everything went black. Then I wake up with a wedding ring on my finger while being dressed in Arosio's hoodie.

Oh my God, what if I said something stupid and offended this Mafia family last night? What if they are planning my death and they used Elijah to distract me just now? What if--

Exiting the bathroom, I had no more time to speculate as I was met with several maids holding various expensive outfits just like yesterday. I shook my head lightly and chose the least expensive one again, a white dress with long lace sleeves. I thanked them and noticed their lingering gazes that held amusement, staring at me for a few seconds longer until Helena cleared her throat and scowled at them. That seemed to make them snap back to reality as they bowed and practically ran out of the room.

"Thank you for your help, Helena. You can go now, I know the way to the main breakfast room. I will be downstairs in a few minutes," I smiled at Helena who nodded curtly and left me alone in the room. I changed into the dress and kept my wet hair up into a tight ponytail hidden behind me.

With a nervous smile and rapid heartbeats, I headed towards the main quarters of the De Luca family mansion. The closer I got to the breakfast room, the more I wanted to turn around and run away. I have no idea what happened last night and not knowing is making it impossible for me to keep my emotions under control.

Soon, my feet landed right in front of the grand doors leading to the breakfast room as I inhaled and exhaled several times. I could feel the staff members who were cleaning outside the room staring right at my back but chose to ignore them. I couldn't even blame them for staring since I have been standing in front of the door for almost five minutes.